Leo trio L-Ha/R-G-B composite

MikeD

Well as last its done.( When I say done, I mean the first of probably many processings of this data:rolleyes:).

The leo trio composite - galaxies taken with my HX916 through my 10" newt, starfield taken with my HX916 through my 80ED.

Starfield : L = 10 x 10 min's (80ED)

R = 10 x 5 min's bin x 1

G,B = 7 x 5 min's

NGC3628: L = 37 x 5 min's (10" newt)

RGB = 10 x 2.5 min's bin x 2

Ha = 10 x 5 min's ( added to the red as a lighten layer)

M66 L = 24 x 5 Min's

RGB= 12 x 1.5 min's bin x 2

Ha = 12 x 5 min's bin x 2

M65 L =24 x 5 min's

R = 9 x 2.5 min's binned x 2

G & B= 15 x 2.5 min's binned x 2

Ha = 10 x 5 min's binned x 2 and 10 x 2.5 min's binned x 2

A total of 10 hours 33 min's ( I think:icon_scratch:)

Feedback on the background colour appreciated as I do not have a calibrated monitor, so what looks good on my screen may look a mess for most.

Mike.

yfronto-albums-mike-deegan-s-yfronto-s-images-picture1607-leo-lrgb-10.jpg

Hi Mike

That looks absolutely fantastic, lovely detail and colour, looks fine on my monitor, the sky is not too dark (if it was it wouldn't look right IMHO). A great shot all round, well worth the patience and work put into it

Best wishes

Gordon

Thanks all, and thanks for the feedback on the background.:)

I processed this on my CRT and the background isn't too dark but on my obs LCD it is lighter than I planned it to look.

How about the background colour?

I processed this with a neutral colour histogram and was left with a very slight red tint on my CRT

but just viewed it on my obs LCD and it has a slight green tint.:)

Here's the full size image.

Mike.

Lovely job Mike, everywhere there are good stars, galaxy detail is top notch and the colours too. Background is smooth and pretty noise free. It is as good as any trio image. Even squares up well against the mountain top 20" RCOS jobbies!

Anthony

Archived