Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

sh2-126

alacant

Hi everyone

Struggling -as always- with the blue bits. I though a UHC would help separate it, but nada. I think this may be better filterless. The red is overwhelming.

Still, a chance to have a go with the new fr for the 72ed which solves to 346mm. This is all night in 4 minute frames; no AI anywhere.

Thanks for looking and do post if youve had a go at this recently. All processing tips gratefully received.

72ed. cal y apil: siril 1.3.0a. proc: st 1.9.588b ~6h

3-126.thumb.jpg.fb3d56e1b950e4013df0f6b550f63c9f.jpg

• Like 6

I did this a couple of weeks ago.  Mine was about 5hours with a Samyang lens 135mm.  I really like you result.  Mine is overwhelmed with tiny stars.  
Agree with Olly you need a bit more lum for the Gecko and tail.  
No AI on mine either. 

image.thumb.png.6c0066920264040927ab923b9fb0638c.png

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, carastro said:

5hours with a Samyang lens 135mm

🤩Nice stars.

May I ask if this was taken using a filter? 

I've a feeling it is best done without a filter. The UHC, as well as relegating the stars to a secondary role, is probably considered cheating.

Cheers 

9 hours ago, alacant said:

🤩Nice stars.

I've a feeling it is best done without a filter. The UHC, as well as relegating the stars to a secondary role, is probably considered cheating.

Cheers 

Why cheating?  

(BTW, no AI on mine, either. It predates StarXt and I don't think it would benefit from further star reduction. I'll certainly have pulled down the outer glow of the larger stars in Ps, though.)

16 hours ago, alacant said:

🤩Nice stars.

Cheers 

Yes, l did LRGB & Ha

Edited by carastro

I'm half way through my version of this. Really struggled this summer with poor weather, and West Wales has not benefited from the recent few clear nights, so it remains unfinished although I started weeks ago... fingers crossed for October.

Anyway, it's hard to get much definition to the Ha without using a filter. And you really need a filterless version to get the best of the dust. So a combined Ha & RGB gets the most out of this target I think. I use OSC and am using a dual narrowband to get the Ha. I don't think there's much OIII to be had here, so I'm not sure there really are any blue bits to speak of?

This seems to be a popular target right now and for good reasons. I aimed at it last year with my dual-RASA8 rig and piggybacking Samyang 135. The Samyang provided the big picture and RASAs helped with the finer detail on the main targets. Totally nearly 18 hours, all with IMX571 cameras and IDAS NBZ dual band (Ha+Oiii) filters. There may be a little bit of Oiii here and there but not much.

Cheers, Göran

20221212 LBN438 PS18smallSign.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Looks like this thread is becoming a good repository for images of this intriguing nebula. Here is mine with the SY135/IMX 571, with the RASA8 on the dust detail although nowhere near as deep as Goran’s image.

There are so many stars it is almost like noise in the background.

IMG_1316.thumb.jpeg.b52ab19eeaff489857d40543c4a90a4a.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 26/09/2023 at 17:38, alacant said:

Hi everyone

Struggling -as always- with the blue bits. I though a UHC would help separate it, but nada. I think this may be better filterless. The red is overwhelming.

Still, a chance to have a go with the new fr for the 72ed which solves to 346mm. This is all night in 4 minute frames; no AI anywhere.

Thanks for looking and do post if youve had a go at this recently. All processing tips gratefully received.

72ed. cal y apil: siril 1.3.0a. proc: st 1.9.588b ~6h

3-126.thumb.jpg.fb3d56e1b950e4013df0f6b550f63c9f.jpg

Brilliant. I've just got an ED80 so see what autumn brings.

• Like 1

Thanks so much everyone.

Your comments, and especiallly the images, have helped me realise that what I thought should be blue, isn't. '... brown, dusty feature.' Indeed.

But please keep posting images of the same.

Edited by alacant