Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

End of an era.

andrew s

Today my equipment at Castillejar will be dismantled and put into storage.  After nearly 4 yrs of great service from PixelSkies I decided to give up serious observing.  Unfortunately,  the low resolution spectroscopy I did was fascinating but I could not extract the data I needed. Switching to Exoplanets was productive but just too routine and predictable for my taste. 

I still retain an interest in astronomy, cosmology and physics but I will also be developing my interest in wildlife and birds in particular. Lots of new spotting scopes, binoculars and photographic equipment to play with.

Given I was never a main stream SGLer I will still stick around if that's ok.

Regards Andrew 

• Like 9
  • Sad 2

22 minutes ago, Stu said:

Do stick around please @andrew s. We need someone with your intelligence to keep us muppets in check! 🤣

Well I hadn't really considered myself a complete muppet Stu, but now you mention it I suppose ......................:grin:

Edited by Saganite
  • Haha 5

2 hours ago, andrew s said:

Regards Andrew 

SGL needs a 2nd Chamber Andrew so you have just been promoted to the SGL House Of Lords,  there is no way we are letting you escape.  Like Stu said, we need somebody who actually knows what they are talking about to keep us straight. :) 

Jim 

Edited by saac
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, andrew s said:

I've always seen you as very much mainstream, Andrew, at least in the sort of threads that I frequent!

Good luck with your new directions, but please keep checking in 😊

• Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, Zermelo said:

I've always seen you as very much mainstream, Andrew, at least in the sort of threads that I frequent!

Good luck with your new directions, but please keep checking in 😊

Thanks to all. To clarify what I ment by not being mainstream was that I was neither your classic visual observer nor a taker of classic astronomical images.

More generally thanks for all the good wishes and I am sure you have not heard the last from me on the forum. 

Regards Andrew 

• Like 5