Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

What did the postman bring? V2

Grant

Just arrived thanks to @Hairycamel and the postman. 🙂 Like-new condition, everything works well. I already checked it by looking at neighbour's aerial and have to say that it's really OK if we take into account that it's a budget bino. Will check a night sky, but when?... 🤔

IMG_20240613_112935__01.thumb.jpg.dcd8dc8a0c1793793c1e634dae4d9585.jpg

IMG_20240613_112646.thumb.jpg.2dc1dd1690efcfa61cf1ffb62c6e3671.jpg

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Alan White said:

Well just dont go walking about with burning crosses and you should be ok, not KKK!

I’ve already had this from the wife who was somewhat surprised when I walked in wearing it.

• Haha 5

On 12/06/2024 at 12:10, bosun21 said:

Delivered today is a Moonlite focuser for my 120ED. I am going to buy the SW reducer flattener for it but will have to work out how to connect it to the Moonlite.

PXL_20240612_103346094.thumb.jpg.8f4ee1c02a131b7553515460f3f3b6f2.jpg

Nice - I have one on my (somewhat older !) ED120 🙂

• Like 2

On 12/06/2024 at 14:07, The60mmKid said:

I've been a model of self-control over the past few months (constant clouds and work-related exhaustion have helped), but then this happened: 

IMG_20240612_135047818.jpg

IMG_20240612_134854886.jpg

Very nice indeed !

I'm very, very close to ordering the 180c version. I'll be very interested to hear what you think of the 210 🙂

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, John said:

Very nice indeed !

I'm very, very close to ordering the 180c version. I'll be very interested to hear what you think of the 210 🙂

Thanks, John!

I owned and loved a 180C. I think Mewlons are fabulous scopes (as long as one doesn't mind the thermal prep that they require). Razor sharp, excellent contrast, vivid colors... I owned the 180C at the same time as an FC-100 and a 10" dob with premium optics. On steady nights when the Mewlon reached thermal equilibrium, it thoroughly surpassed the refractor and didn't give up much at all to the larger reflector. I'm so pleased to be back in Club Mewlon 😎

Edited by The60mmKid
  • Like 5

Little early birthday present to myself after some advice from other forum members, and a case I printed to look after it when it's not in use (in celestron orange to match, of course!). 

PXL_20240613_172915757.MP.jpg

PXL_20240613_173024314.MP.jpg

PXL_20240613_173014861.MP.jpg

• Like 6

On 07/06/2024 at 18:46, LukeTheNuke said:

Hmmm. PC is still dead, they want me to try to take the graphics card out and see if it then powers up, but I can't figure out how to get the card out. I can't see how to access the lock for it to open it. And I was thinking "Oh well, at least my Lenovo lappy is coming today! I bet that'll work!" It was meant to come lunch time. Then the truck ran off and it was changed to dinner time. Now it's rescheduled for Monday. I don't think the gods want me to have new PC hardware!

Bother! I was hoping today would be my last go imaging with my super budget lappy that only has about 200 GB disc space, which then takes an age to transfer it to a memory stick. What are the odds? Dead PC. Lappy no-show. I'm in trouble with the powers that be!

Update: Got the graphics card out, phew! It was hard because I have a big CPU cooler than blocks off access I think to the catch I needed to open. I got it open using an XXXL toothpick! I'm feeling more cheerful about my computer woes since I had the bright idea to compensate myself with some kind of present. 😃

If you're still struggling with this, feel free to drop me a PM, happy to help diagnose! 

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, Martyn87 said:

If you're still struggling with this, feel free to drop me a PM, happy to help diagnose! 

Thanks, much appreciated!  They arranged for the PC to be picked up yesterday, so hopefully they are on top of things. They mentioned getting it back to me this week, though that seems super fast! I'll be amazed and thankful if they make it. They have been good at getting back to me. In the meantime, I have my new lappy to play with. I just need some clear sky to test it out with my camera. Sun or moon, I'm not fussy!

• Like 1

A short trip to collect a rather nice mount and tripod . An ioptron AZ-Pro with an Altair tri pier . Couldn't wait to try it out last night so I was in the kitchen as it was raining . Have to say the mount is so quiet and on dummy runs was able to find each target , according to stellarium anyway . 

IMG-20240613-WA0000.jpeg

Edited by Stu1smartcookie
  • Like 14

I'm two weeks late on this subject.

In the last day of May it arrived the two Svbony zoom eyepieces I was waiting. They are at right in the photo.

One is the already famous model 135: 7 -21 mm. The other is the less known model 170 : 10 -30 mm.

Together with the Baader Mark III and the Seben 8 - 24 mm, the two Svbony eyepieces make my entire zoom eyepiece collection.

I made many tests during the passed two weeks and I proclaim myself happy with what I got.

Mircea

IMG_20240601_145341.jpg

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Mircea said:

I'm two weeks late on this subject.

In the last day of May it arrived the two Svbony zoom eyepieces I was waiting. They are at right in the photo.

One is the already famous model 135: 7 -21 mm. The other is the less known model 170 : 10 -30 mm.

Together with the Baader Mark III and the Seben 8 - 24 mm, the two Svbony eyepieces make my entire zoom eyepiece collection.

I made many tests during the passed two weeks and I proclaim myself happy with what I got.

Mircea

IMG_20240601_145341.jpg

Any chance you'll be posting your findings?

I have the Svbony 7-21mm, but not the 10-30mm. I'd be interested to hear how they compared with the Baader.

9 minutes ago, Zermelo said:

Any chance you'll be posting your findings?

I have the Svbony 7-21mm, but not the 10-30mm. I'd be interested to hear how they compared with the Baader.

I have previously owned the 10-30mm and the 8-24mm Svbony zoom eyepieces and found the 7-21mm to be the best of the bunch.

• Like 4

Zermelo

Of course if there is interest about it.

Where do you think is better for me to write , please ?

bosun21

It is easy to agree with you because you are right.

But there is a catch. Used for the intended purpose, also model 170 is quite good.

Mircea

On 12/06/2024 at 14:17, Emperor!Takahashi! said:

Yeah... a name change feels increasingly inevitable!

Well, congrats on the new scope, it will be interesting to hear your views on M180 v C145

I see you changed your name too… 👍

But I do think @JeremyS is king.Takahashi 🥳

Edited by dweller25
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, dweller25 said:

Well, congrats on the new scope, it will be interesting to hear your views on M180 v C145

I see you changed your name too…. 👍

Naturally I am King.Takahashi 🥳

And I think @JeremyS is Queen.Takahashi 🤣

Mewlon 210!

I think I already know how it will go...

Mewlon 210 = brighter view and all of the other advantages that aperture affords... easier to use on an eq mount... better for binoviewing... not useable to its potential nearly as often, but still a lovely scope to have and use

HD-145 = performs as well as any 6" scope in the world can perform (the views are almost disorientingly perfect)... better for grab & go, especially when I complete my plan of putting it on a dob mount and wrap it in reflectix... gets used more frequently... not comfortable on an eq mount and questionable whether binoviewing will work out

I feel truly lucky to own both! And a certain 4" Tak may also join the party soon 😇

Edited by Emperor!Takahashi!
  • Like 1