NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Back after 4 years

N3ptune

Hello,

I am trying a get back after an absence of 4 years, I have good memories in the report, observation and sketching forums especially, I missed that a bit and wanted to participate again.  I haven't stopped stargazing in the last years, the passion is not fading away as most people here, it's amazing. From Quebec Canada,

I'll do my best.

I am a Newtonian user, my primary instrument is my 1000x200 F5 on the EQ5, and I also own a 1500x300 F5 solid tube manual Dobson for a bit more then a year now. Both instruments give me plenty of joy for various stargazing trips!

🫠

• Like 9

23 hours ago, mikeDnight said:

I hope you'll share some of your sketches in time. May be even join in the next SGL sketching challenge. 

Oki I consider it, could be good for me to push myself a bit harder.

• Like 1

Just returned myself after an enforced layoff. When one has blended with SGL, and bonded with the fine people
who populate it, then it is  just like seeing your family after a long absence from home.
Welcome back, and I hope you  can resurrect the work you enjoyed so much before.
Ron.

• Like 3

13 hours ago, Alan White said:

Welcome back @N3ptune, as they say absence makes the Heart grow stronger.
Sketching is still going strong here, and I can still sketch as badley as ever, think like a 5 year old.

Sketching is so rich, I don't see me stopping that or stargazing, most of the positive energy comes from the effort delivered into doing the sketch and the deep observation. Seeing the sunset just before the observation, these nice colors with Venus these days. 🤩

There was a huge Aurora Borealis for me last time.

Thanks people.

@edff3d I noticed that reading about it helps to keep me motivated, being exposed to motivated people. 

Edited by N3ptune
  • Like 5

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...