Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Is the SGL star party permanently a thing of the past?

reddoss

I think that our original venue, Lucksall camping ground is no longer suitable, and efforts were being made to find an alternative venue but things have gone quiet.

Well, based on the number of replies to this thread and the other one stalling in January,  if it’s not already a dead parrot, then it’s definitely pining for the fjords.🥴

Seems to me that after the suggestions put forward some compromises will have to be made on facilities and/or location.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

On 14/05/2023 at 09:28, tomato said:

Seems to me that after the suggestions put forward some compromises will have to be made on facilities and/or location.

Given members are expected to contribute to a possible solution, it would be helpful if the committee could specify the minimum requirements for an acceptable site to support future events. Otherwise I suspect the parrot is no more.

• Like 2

Is there a reason why Kelling Heath is not suitable as a location? Obviously it already hosts one star party so I'm assuming (perhaps incorrectly) that it also meets the basic criteria for an SGL star party?

• Like 1

Yes Kelling won’t want to give astro discount in the summer months.  Already 3 star parties in April and Sept/Oct plus a Car show which often pushes the star party into October plus Winterfest.