Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

The "39" clouds of Venus (5/5/23)

Kon

Now I got your attention, ...take a look at the 39 pattern in the Venus UV capture from earlier this afternoon...and now that you have seen it, you cannot unsee it 🤣. Despite the wind, the seeing was excellent again and UV clouds have come out really nicely.  There is a lot going on in terms of cloud structure but my eye is keep going back to the 39 and I do not like it! A false colour as well (IR/sG/UV) as well. 8" Dob, manual, asi462mm, UV astromania, 2.5x TV powermate.

image.png.32dccf8990217650719116ffe321be5a.png image.png.f7fdddd96d8d108939d54e5b3c1461a6.png

• Like 17

7 hours ago, John said:

Maybe it is the Venusian's tribute to Queen's 1975 hit song ? 😁

Great images by the way ! 

It could be 🤣.

Brilliant images, Kon! WOW! You're getting some great images with that Astromania UV filter; it's a pretty cracking budget alternative to the Baader and the Astrodon!

Regards,

Reggie :D 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, orion25 said:

Brilliant images, Kon! WOW! You're getting some great images with that Astromania UV filter; it's a pretty cracking budget alternative to the Baader and the Astrodon!

Regards,

Reggie :D 

Thanks Reggie. Good value for money, and they work 😀. Looking forward to more of your captures as well.

12 hours ago, NenoVento said:

Amazing capture @Kon. I see more a 32 than a 39 🤔.

Thanks. I agree that the 9 could easily be seen as a 2 due to the longer cloud at its bottom. It's funny how brain can correlate random structures to familiar objects.

10 hours ago, neil phillips said:

Excellent work.  Couldn't see it at first. Then bang 39. The 9 on the false color looked more defined to my eye for some reason.  Do it 2 more times i will throw the numbers into a lotto bet starting with 3 and 9

Thanks Neil. Yes once you have seen it, it is there. Happy to keep imaging and see if we can get a winning pattern for the lottery 😂.

I applied a bit more sharpening to the colour one which may explain the more defined structure.

1 hour ago, Alan White said:

Super Images, but with my mind I see a 32 not the 39!

Thanks. I need a clear afternoon to move away from the numbers 🤣. Interesting features nevertheless.

• Like 1