Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Got to share : BBC at home...

FrenchyArnaud

EDIT -[    Airing tonight 23/05, BBC1 7pm, the One Show  ]

I cannot not share this with the community because you guys can appreciate...IMG-20230323-WA0002.thumb.jpg.9d154703b18dbde56e1eeb407ede7061.jpg

The BBC spent the whole day with me yesterday at home filming about my Pier of Doom. I REALLY tried to explain to them that most of you do much better pictures than me but somehow they did not buy it. 

Massive case of Imposter Syndrom here but that was pretty fun. 

That will be a short inconsequential segment of a few minutes but still pretty cool and a good ego boost. Date of broadcast still unknown 🙂

Edited by FrenchyArnaud
  • Like 28

37 minutes ago, saac said:

That is so cool. What was the reason for the filming, is it for a particular show? 

Jim

The reason seems to be the creativity and long term dedication - and of course the pictures themselves. 

It's for "The One Show", bbc1&2, 7:00pm daily. Prob a 3 to 4 minutes bit. I will know more soon. 

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, FrenchyArnaud said:

The reason seems to be the creativity and long term dedication - and of course the pictures themselves. 

It's for "The One Show", bbc1&2, 7:00pm daily. Prob a 3 to 4 minutes bit. I will know more soon. 

It was the name of the show I was looking for so I can watch out for it :) 

Jim 

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, saac said:

It was the name of the show I was looking for so I can watch out for it :) 

Jim 

I will tell everyone everywhere when it's due on, don't you worry 🤭 Even if you tried to miss it I won't let you, everyone needs to be told about my unfathomable genius 🤣🤣🤣

• Haha 5

4 minutes ago, FrenchyArnaud said:

I will tell everyone everywhere when it's due on, don't you worry 🤭 Even if you tried to miss it I won't let you, everyone needs to be told about my unfathomable genius 🤣🤣🤣

Quite right, I think this is brilliant. :) 

Jim 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, FrenchyArnaud said:

There's going to be a lot of YouTubers spitting bullets lol.

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, Ratlet said:

There's going to be a lot of YouTubers spitting bullets lol.

Of that I have no doubts! But to be fair, it's really only an ego booster, an opportunity to gain bragging rights with no real downside as I am painfully aware that pretty much everyone "who knows" will not be that impressed. It's just a funny thing to do and I am just vain and weak enough to enjoy the 15mins of attention.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mr H in Yorkshire said:

Hope it works out for you, but don't rely on it, if a funny cat story or the likes turns up you might get relegated. I speak from distant experience from a whole weeks filming at the Natural History Museum - then nothing.

Honestly, it will be what it will be, I surely will not lose sleep over it. It's just a cool event in a bleak spring, I don't think my images are suddenly better because the media are interested :)

4 hours ago, Ratlet said:

FLO about to become OOS of all astrophotography equipment afterwards.

Congrats on the show!  

@FLO 

About that, HONESTLY! 
I really tried to place FLO even though there obviously was nothing in it for me, because I really appreciate the guys who went above an beyond to let me have a guide camera at a price I could afford lately, and were never dismissive with advise while being aware I bought a part second hand on ebay. 
Unfortunately it turned out you can't even mention a brand! When I tried to mention the scope as a SW130PDS, I was gently pushed to re-word as "a small 5" commercial telescope". 
So the camera was not a Cannon 450D but an old DSLR and the120mm was not a zwo but a guide camera. Etc. 

I can see the reasons why. But that felt a bit limiting :)

33 minutes ago, FrenchyArnaud said:

@FLO 

About that, HONESTLY! 
I really tried to place FLO even though there obviously was nothing in it for me, because I really appreciate the guys who went above an beyond to let me have a guide camera at a price I could afford lately, and were never dismissive with advise while being aware I bought a part second hand on ebay. 
Unfortunately it turned out you can't even mention a brand! When I tried to mention the scope as a SW130PDS, I was gently pushed to re-word as "a small 5" commercial telescope". 
So the camera was not a Cannon 450D but an old DSLR and the120mm was not a zwo but a guide camera. Etc. 

I can see the reasons why. But that felt a bit limiting :)

I am hought it was the 130pds.  I should try imaging with mine.  Far too much fun with an eyepiece!

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Grogfish said:

That is pretty cool stuff! The neighbours will be talking for weeks!

Errr is your kit mounted on a brakedisc?

6BFAF09A-B395-486B-844B-64EE561D1AD4.jpeg

Mmm... yes it is 🤭 You know what they say: it's not stupid if it works! I got the idea - and the disc! from here as a matter of fact 🤭

• Haha 1

• 1 month later...
11 minutes ago, DaveS said:

Well, I'll watch but TBH I haven't watched the "One Show" for years beyond count, I find (Found) it trite and superficial.

TBH... I heard about it for the very first time the day they called me 🤣 I don't watch much TV. Still, it's a funny thing to happen and it makes my kids proud so... 🤭

• Like 1

This is classic, I'll be watching Frenchy and your kids should be proud, anyone who can lay three breeze blocks on top of each other and keep them upright, square and true is a star in my book!

• Like 1