Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

OMG im Blind !!!!

That will teach me to look at a nearly full moon with a 12 inch Dob ;):eek:

So what would be a good Moon Filter ??? :rolleyes:

Seriously i swear that i had my own mini searchlight emitting out of the eyepiece :hello2:

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mask over the front of the tube with a 5" hole off to one side of the secondary. Worth a try, it will cut a lot of the glare and give you an uninterrupted lightpath. It will take you 10 minutes to knock one up, and if you don't like it, bin it and buy a filter. It is only to be used on the moon of course. Well, you could give the bright planets a go with it.;)

Ron.

Um, no. That is only true during a lunar eclipse, when looking at the Moon can cause you to become deranged, as the Moon produces special radiation that affects your deep brain rhythms. It must be true, I read it in Weekly World News.

Steve, keep a lovely bright white lantern on the table for lunar observing. It's much easier to see lunar maps and charts that way, and it doesn't feel like your eye is burning either. Of course, I've never tried looking at the moon in a 12 inch light bucket either...

Um, no. That is only true during a lunar eclipse, when looking at the Moon can cause you to become deranged, as the Moon produces special radiation that affects your deep brain rhythms. It must be true, I read it in Weekly World News.

Well look at Kai, just goes to show!

The Full Moon

I used to be a Werwolf, but I'm alright nowooooooooooooooo!

philsail1

P.S. seriously though, it must have been an intensley bright view in your 12" Kai, as I had a shock looking at it through my C8. (Had to use the grey Moon filter).

ROFLMAO I did the same thing not long ago up at Kielder. Gary had kindly let me use his 13mm Nagler to look at Saturn so I used the moon to focus. BIG MISTAKE. I staggered about blind for 10 minutes. As for a filter, I use a meade moon filter. Does what it says on the tin.

I wrote two rather witty replies to that, but have deleted them in the interests of the unwritten rules of polite society.

Am off to set up my scope - the skies look promising tonight.

And the moon is shining brightly - for a change!

Archived