Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

NEW Sky-Watcher CQ350 PRO Astronomy Mount

FLO

That's all for tonight. 

I don't think other UK retailers have added this new mount to their website yet but I am sure they will before end of tomorrow. We will then compare prices 😇 

Currently, all three items are available so can be dispatched in 2-4x working days. 

Steve 

• Like 1

Quite intriguing.

The head weight is almost the same as the EQ6-R, but with quite higher payload.

It's a direct competitor for the iOptron CEM70, for sure. Everyone will start making notes and comparisons between them.

The implementation details will make or break this mount. As it's the first Skywatcher mount using this design, I wouldn't expect them to have it perfected at first try (it will be a pleasant surprise if it performs well and reliably)

N.F.

IOptron dominates the centre-balanced mount market and their CEM60 / CEM70 has been especially popular. So we are not surprised to see Sky-Watcher release this competing product.

The CQ350 PRO is Sky-Watcher's first centre-balanced mount. It will be interesting to watch its progress. 

Never a dull moment 🙂 

• Like 1

In SCT terms, I suppose that the maximum realistic size would be a C11 for astrophotography, correct?

What would be the suggested load factor for long exposure DSOs? Approximately 50% to 60%, I guess?

N.F.

• 5 weeks later...