Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

M63 re process, happier now

MartinB

Lesson learned - don't stretch more than the background will allow. I didn't get enough luminence so can't really push the dim outer halo. Have given up showing that and worked with what I have. A much better result as far as I can see and a more natural image.

post-12794-133877363988_thumb.jpg

Very nice and nautural Martin.

The colour is great.

When I look at my M63 from last spring, it is very magenta. Yours looks just about right.

Reprocessing coming up!!

Cheers

Rob

Thanks guys. Rob I definitely found the colour balancing a delicate operation. Dennis the crop was a result of the AO off axis prism impinging on the bottom of the image. Must stop doing this.

Got some Ha last night so will add this when I get the chance. Also missed some blue hot pixels in this image.

A significant improvement on an already good image Martin.

Stretching is such a finite balance, between not quite enough, and a bit too much.

The temptation always seems to be to 'push' it that little bit harder to extract that last bit of detail, and then the law of dimishing returns sets in ;).

Dave

Archived