Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Kielder Autumn 2009

Dixie

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

Quick update.

Over 60 pitches have now been reserved for Kielder and we'll aim to cater for up to 75. So please book soon if you you'd like to join us. Hard standing and electrics have gone. About 130 people so far signed up. Widescreen Centre, Rother Valley, Ian King, Astrosource are amongst the vendors on the main day - 17 October. New 33kms red route and trials area will be open by then for the bikers amongst you. Unfortunately the ospreys which have nested in Kielder for the first time in over 200 years raising three young will have winged their way to Africa come October. So we'll have to make do with buzzards, red squirrels and wild goats.

Clear skies.

Richard

I'll be up at the campsite next week so I'll report back what's been done re improvements. I know the community has been given a longer lease than the rolling year one they have had up to now which means - so I'm told - there's a greater chance of getting funding to do the place up a bit.

Richard.

put me + 1 down for this one, I notice there is no hook ups left, can anyone whos been before tell me if there is any chance of running an extension to someone who has a hook up, if not it wont be the end of the world :)

Hi Nick,

I was talking to Richard Darn yesterday and he says there are a few pitches left in the cheap seats. No worries. If you want to email him try - Starcamp ( at ) richarddarn.demon.co.uk

Dave.

Hi ukgun,

Try the same email address. I don't think Richard takes bookings off the forum.

Re the extension lead. If you are on the non powered field then no it's not really feasible. The other thing you must realise is that those who do book a hookup are often imaging and won't want to risk someone else tripping the power. The hookups are safe enough but don't stand over supplying too well.

Dave.

Sorry for going awol - there's no way of sharing hook ups - as previous folk have said, we are in different fields. We have about 63 pitches booked out and we will call time at 75. Only non-hook ups are left. Batteries can be recharged in the warm room, open 24/7. Bookings via the website as per www.richarddarn.demon.co.uk/starcamp/page3.html

Cheers,

Richard

Thanks for everyone's support - the 7th Kielder Forest Star Camp is now full.

If you want to go on the reserve list in case of cancellations please drop me a line. Speakers and vendors now listed on the starcamp website at Kielder Forest Star Camp

I'll post events at the observatory shortly - a great chance to see this fantastic facility.

All those registered will get our usual email re local facilities etc in a couple of weeks time.

If you are staying off site or just a day visitor remember that the Main Day (17 October) is free of charge. Seats for the talks operate on a first come basis.

Update on the campsite - all the electric hook-ups appear to have been renewed.

Thanks again,

Richard

Archived