Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Kielder Autumn 2009

Dixie

I'll second that Iain............ :-) Although there's a better chance of getting some this time as we will be there from the Thursday, it might be that when we book the table for the 3 nights we could book the meal as well!

Gary

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Starflyer,

A problem re the Kashmiri Lamb. When you last had it Chris and his wife were in charge of the pub. There is now a new landlord and as far as I'm aware they have a different menu.

You can try. If you're successful, put me down for one.

Dave.

• 4 weeks later...

Phil, I'm going up on the Wednesday so I'll be all sorted out when you get there but of course I'm up to help erect your camping mansion :D

Really looking forward to this now, can't wait to try out some of the new bits n pieces as well.

Yup, looking forward to it as well now. I will be arriving on Thursday, around lunch time, given a couple of hours I'll have the caravan set up and all the astro gear out and set up, just need clear skies to use it.

Speaking of that, whats the weather been like there of late, does anyone have a long range forcast for the starcamp weekend? I loked at metcheck and it dont look to good just now..... :-(

Gary

I was in the Anglers Arms a couple of weeks ago, be prepared for a different menue like Dave says....

Just as long as they don't confuse Nut Roast for Nachos... :D

After the spring event and for me it's trials and tribulations (and fantastic clear last night) I wasn't convinced I'd be able to go back to Kielder but I'm now thinking it's a pity I didn't book this autumn.

Hmmm... maybe next spring again :D

James

Just as long as they don't confuse Nut Roast for Nachos... :D

After the spring event and for me it's trials and tribulations (and fantastic clear last night) I wasn't convinced I'd be able to go back to Kielder but I'm now thinking it's a pity I didn't book this autumn.

Hmmm... maybe next spring again :)

James

Funny You should be thinking about Spring James :D:)

Woooop wooooop !!!!!

A week to go.....hurrah!!

Come rain or shine, it'll be fab, no matter.

I have a cunning plan, in case my beer freezes solid like last autumn....................cuddle a bottle.

Nothing quite like a fresh Caledonian 80 shilling beer before breakfast

(Cue the narrowed eye stare from Allison, hehehehe)

Cheers,hic,

Andy.

ps: Does anyone remember what the temperature dropped to, that crisp clear night ??

Hi Guys

Really looking forward to this again. I'll be there on Wed lunchtime. One thing - I originally booked a tent pitch with leccy hook-up but now have gone and got a VW T25 campervan - not just for starparties.....

Richard has already confirmed there are no hardstanding spaces left - do you reckon I will be allright parking up in the pitches . central road or will I need a tractor to get off again?

Anyone been up lately can pass on thre state of the ground?

Fingers crossed for good weather and clear skies......

Rob

Latest on ground conditions is that the campsite is fairly dry at the moment, but it's a good idea to bring a wee bit of planking, even if it's only to put under your tripod legs. Those with hook ups will be pleased to learn that all the electrics have been renewed. The warm room will be up and running with red lights from Wednesday and toilet block lights will be turned off for the duration. Just over 150 people have booked in with quite a few staying off-site. A special cheer for one who is travelling all the way from the US.

Cheers

Richard

... guess who's coming up! Got the call from Richard last night and I'm in the electric field after some poor soul realised he had to ship out on the Friday.

See you all there!

Arthur

BTW, Tesco here have single inflatable mattresses at £5, doubles at £7.5 and pumps (240 and 12) at £3.50...

Archived