NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

NGC 7000 - just 3 hours

AstroGS

North American Nebula (NGC 7000) last night.

RedCat51

EQ6R-Pro (tracking has been absolutely fantastic and steady on 0.30-0.35, during the whole session)

Asi533MC Pro

L-Extreme

ZWO AsiAir Pro, ASI290mm mini integrated and processed on Pixinsight (NoiseXTerminator is surprisingly amazing).

20 x 600secs

Darks, Flats & Bias

IMAGE STARLESS.png

IMAGE_RGB_STARLESS.png

IMAGE_RGB_STARLESS_Annotated.png

Edited by George Sinanis
  • Like 21

1 hour ago, SteveNickolls said:

Thanks for posting. Do you know the SQM-L value/Bortle scale under which the image was taken

Steve

Bortle 5-6

Edited by George Sinanis
  • Like 1

That's a wonderful mage no doubt about it but can I ask about the guiding and how you are managing to achieve 0.3/0.35 out of the mount please? I have an AZ-EQ6, so broadly similar, and I will see 0.4 in very short bursts at best but over a night of imaging the best average I will see is 0.7 which I am very happy with but if it can be better then I'm all ears 🙂

• Like 1

2 hours ago, gorann said:

Great result indeed! My only issue is the slightly confusing orientation. North is now to the right rather than up so I would rotate it 90°.

TBH i never bother with framing "correctly" the object. But, you are right....... it seems that it needs to be rotated 90 degrees anti-clock wise.

2 hours ago, AstroMuni said:

Great image @George Sinanis and considering the level of darkness here and the size of your aperature, its amazing !

Do the darks help - as I thought ASI533 had no amp glow?

I would always use darks regardless.... i think that darks help with the depth of the photo overall.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, scotty38 said:

That's a wonderful mage no doubt about it but can I ask about the guiding and how you are managing to achieve 0.3/0.35 out of the mount please? I have an AZ-EQ6, so broadly similar, and I will see 0.4 in very short bursts at best but over a night of imaging the best average I will see is 0.7 which I am very happy with but if it can be better then I'm all ears 🙂

It is a combination of getting the focus for the guidescope/camera correct, proper OTA balancing and always try and get an optimum PA (through AsiAir Pro). Also sky conditions play a huge role for that. I will take a couple of pictures next time i get it up and running.

On the other hand, do not forget that the RedCat51 (with all the kit on), does not weigh more than 3.5kg-4kg. The SW EQ6R-Pro does not even sweat to handle it.

Thanks and with you on all that and I would say that I have my balance and PA down too. Guiding is usually good (ie no issues to speak of) and my kit is not that heavy, all up it's about 8Kg (GT81) although I'm in the middle of a swap so will be a little heavier once I'm back up and running again. As far as the sky is concerned I'm in a good 4 so generally no massive issues there either unless the moon is up so yep you've got a good 'un!

2 hours ago, scotty38 said:

Thanks and with you on all that and I would say that I have my balance and PA down too. Guiding is usually good (ie no issues to speak of) and my kit is not that heavy, all up it's about 8Kg (GT81) although I'm in the middle of a swap so will be a little heavier once I'm back up and running again. As far as the sky is concerned I'm in a good 4 so generally no massive issues there either unless the moon is up so yep you've got a good 'un!

Interestingly enough, when i use my GT81 rig - it is a bit heavier (approx 6kg with everything on) the guiding averages around 0.5-0.7. But again, it is not representative because sky conditions were not the best...... 

52DA6310-281B-48F9-B050-C9E4022CE4DE.jpeg

Edited by George Sinanis

14 hours ago, George Sinanis said:

It is done via the asiair

Yes but not plugged into the USB port in the mount? What is the configuration in the asiair? Going wildly OT for this forum now but genuinely interested so we can move to "Mounts" if you wish 🙂 ........

Edit Oh - EQDIR I guess......

Edited by scotty38

3 hours ago, scotty38 said:

Yes but not plugged into the USB port in the mount? What is the configuration in the asiair? Going wildly OT for this forum now but genuinely interested so we can move to "Mounts" if you wish 🙂 ........

Edit Oh - EQDIR I guess......

Yes correct - it is through EQDIR from the mount to Asiair and then the guide camera (through the main camera) connected to the asiair. This little thing (asiair) can make even newbies like me, take decent photos 😉

• Like 2