Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Hi All

nozzmoking

Hi All,

Nice forum you have here, and everyone seems very friendly!

As a father of 3 grown-up kids, I now find I have a little more time available to follow this great hobby of ours. I've always enjoyed reading about the subject, (still have my P. Moore Yearbooks of Astronomy from the mid 60's), and finally managed to get my first scope a couple of years back.

It's a cheap 6" reflector (Ebay <sigh>) but I've been really impressed with the results. Although a very small image in my viewfinder, the first time I saw the rings of Saturn, they just blew me away! I still haven't figured out how to set up the EQ mount, but I still always manage to find something of interest.

I'm now saving towards a GoTo scope, probably a 6", as then I'd like to get into the photography side also. This automated type of scope is perfect for the likes of me, as I miss so much with me often being unable to find what I'm looking for. :)

Anyway, that's a little about myself, and I hope to learn lots here and hopefully give something back one day as my knowledge improves.

Cheers

Paul

Archived