NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Toys for the boys, and girls, at SGL-4

FLO will not be setting up stall (much too crass) at SGL-4.

However, as forum sponsor we will be bringing a number of telescopes and binoculars for members to use.

So far the list includes:

Skywatcher 300p AUTO

skyliner_300p_flextube_auto_dobsonain.jpg

William Optics FLT98

william_optics_flt-98_triplet.jpg

Skywatcher Mak-Newt 190

skywatcher_mn190_astrograph.jpg

Skywatcher Skymax 180 PRO

PROMAK180OTA.jpg

Opticron-Miyauchi 20x77 binocular

Opticron_Miyauchi_20x77_binocular.jpg

Helios Apollo 10.5x70 15x70 22x85 binoculars

helios_apollo_binocular.jpg

James will be using the FLT98 and SteveL the Mak-Newt 190 for imaging but the others will be left setup for general use.

If there is something specific you'd like us to bring please let us know :)

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks Steve.

Having the FlexTube auto and the Mak-Newt to compare, hopefully under the clear dark skies of Herefordshire, may require further expenditure this year!!

Steve any chance of bringing along a 2" UHC and O111 filter to test on the different scopes?

Notwithstanding I look forward to seeing you again.

Mark

Aah, but, to mangle your signature a bit...

"No economiser ever discovered the secret of the stars, or sailed to an uncharted land, or opened a new purse for the human spirit"

I know what you mean though - someone's got to watch the pennies...

But a shame, nevertheless - it would have been nice to have met you! (I think I got the tenses right in that sentence!)

I think I might be coming... maybe just for a day visit, possibly (and this, remarkably, was my boyfriend's suggestion) booking our own pitch through the campsite itself and joining you in the evening! If I am allowed that is, ha!

Amanda

I have been camping before...the kind of camping where you sit on a deck chair drinking wine in brilliant sunshine, while someone else who knows what they're doing puts the tent up.

I was really good at offering mildly squiffy moral support (from a safe distance).

Luckily, my dad's towing his caravan down for me to stay in...(!)

(BTW Psycho, I'll advise the ladies to avoid anyone in a pork pie hat with a fishing rod).

Carry on Camping is one of a series of Comedy films made in The UK.

The cast were always the same comedy actors, Kenneth Williams, Hattie Jacques, Kenneth Connor, Barbara Windsor, and many others.

Full of sexual Innuendo, but quite funny if you have a sense of humour that copes with that type of thing.

I always enjoyed watching them, but only once.

Ron.

On the drinkies front I shall probably bring a bottle of Cava or 2 (scrooge champagne) but nice, this will be for daytime usage and mulled wine during the long cold clear nights.

I got a load of drink left over from xmas because I was so ill over the "festive" season I couldn't drink much except medicinal hot red wine, medicinal hot beer and medicinal scotch.

Pete

ps I really like the idea of the dob... oh no not more retail therapy

Archived