NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Toys for the boys, and girls, at SGL-4

I wouldn't ask my dad to tow his van all the way down to Salisbury - it's imposing a bit on his good nature. But there might be a nice B+B nearby.

ChrisEdu - that's a fairly stunning camping experience - did you succeed in gaining your Duke of Ed award? Did they give you the 'Most Efficient at Igniting a Tent' badge? Was there anyone in the tent at the time?!

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

all this talk about camping made me get out my tent for the first time in 4 years. wasn't too keen to find the remains of a bacon sandwich still in it :) (well i think it was a bacon sandwich, hard to tell but that was the last thing i ate whilst tent was up)

a mate once came back from scotland before realising he'd left the tent standing in the camp site :)

ChrisEdu - that's a fairly stunning camping experience - did you succeed in gaining your Duke of Ed award? Did they give you the 'Most Efficient at Igniting a Tent' badge? Was there anyone in the tent at the time?!

Nope! I never actually completed any of the badges. I did have some very memorable camping experiences, though! In fact, I think every camp I did had something that made it memorable, be it frostbite, bird Rubbish, or electrocution!

I think we are starting to veer away from the subject of the thread.Please can we keep on topic.

There is a "Chat thread "for SGL4 , maybe it would be a better place for some of the above comments.

• 5 weeks later...

Okay, now that SGL-4 is imminent we have a better idea of what we shall be bringing. We have decided to take three Apollo binoculars (10.7x70, 15x70 and 22x85) out of stock and to set them up on tripods for general use. We will also have an Opticron-Miyauchi 20x77 binocular setup and available for use.

Opticron_Miyauchi_20x77_binocular.jpg

As for telescopes, James will be imaging with the Explorer 190MN Mak-Newt but the new Skyliner 300P FlexTube AUTO and the Skymax 180 PRO will be setup and available.

See you there :)

• 1 month later...

are you thinking of the star party at Salisbury

Whoops.. yes I was. :) Seeing you were on the list of attendees for Salisbury, I completely forgot the title of the thread ! Are you planning to bring any goodies to the august event ? (not sure how this all works as its my first time - be gentle on me etc etc)

No probs :)

James and I will be at the Salisbury star party. We won't be setting up a stall but we'd be pleased to bring some eyepieces and meet you there. Please phone or email so we can discuss your requirements and preferences.

not sure how this all works as its my first time ...

The larger star parties like Kelling and Kielder often have stalls or a marquee where dealers offer goods but whilst 2 or 3 dealers will be present at Salisbury I don't think Darren (stargazer1980, the event organizer) has planned anything official, at least not for this one.

When going to a star party it is best to think of it as a social event, then you will have a great time and if the sky does clear then that is a bonus:bino2:

Archived