Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Wintry Farmhouse and Orion

An interesting experience up in the misty mizzle.  The derelict farmhouse is 800m from home accessed by a steeeep hairpin road.  My son gave me a lift in his work 4x4 pickup, and joined me in the dark whilst indulging in this weird behaviour, which was nice  :)

Sky is 4 x 120s, f3.5, iso800 tracked from my garden early hours 2nd Dec.  View/orientation same as the farmhouse.  Foreground is 20+ light painted.  Nightmare to process with the illuminated fog and lighting failures...LR and PS.  Better clicked...

Hope we all get some clear in the New Year!!!

Paul

Farmhouse in the Snow.jpg

Edited by clarkpm4242
Reworked image...
  • Like 28
  • Thanks 1

• clarkpm4242 changed the title to Wintry Farmhouse and Orion

A very well put together image. Thanks for posting.  I note the relative lack of colour in many of the stars. I have this trouble. I think it is a DSLR saturation thing with long exposures.  I wonder if stacking short exposures taken with a higher camera speed would help at all?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Radman40 said:

A very well put together image. Thanks for posting.  I note the relative lack of colour in many of the stars. I have this trouble. I think it is a DSLR saturation thing with long exposures.  I wonder if stacking short exposures taken with a higher camera speed would help at all?

Maybe some images have overly coloured stars?  I will have desaturated the sky a little, this helps with control of light pollution in widefield images.  Just personal taste  :) this is version 5, it may get more colourful, though I like the coldness it gives...

...cheers

Paul

Edited by clarkpm4242