NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

All The Telescopes You Want?

Sunshine

34 minutes ago, dannybgoode said:

Mine is the early Thomas Back CNC one and they weigh a fair bit more than later ones, mainly due to a focuser that would survive a nuclear blast.

20211222_211543.jpg

It looks like it was designed to handle a rocket propelled grenade round.

On 16/12/2021 at 22:44, John said:

Il capolavoro di Tim Wetherell è uno dei miei telescopi preferiti in assoluto! :largo sorriso:

Questo è ancora più poco pratico e improbabile per me, ma lo ammiro ancora - uno degli acromatici di John Pon, questo è uno Zeiss 10 pollici F/15:

https://stargazerslounge.com/uploads/monthly_05_2012/post-12764-13387777476.jpg

Seeing the photograph of this achromatic refractor I was amazed, beautiful is an understatement !!! I read some time ago about the fantastic view of the moon with a 150/2250 achromat, with this 10 ”f / 15 refractor I don't dare think about what you can see with excellent seeing!

• Like 1

The only scope I would want to own that I don't already is probably a 4" Takahashi one day.My 14" dobsonian is my dream scope and I've seen nothing since I got that which I would want to swap that for. I would not want to go bigger unless I lived somewhere where I could leave the scope set up and ready to go all the time. I still feel lucky and appreciate it when I set that scope up.

• Like 9

On 24/12/2021 at 18:13, Paz said:

The only scope I would want to own that I don't already is probably a 4" Takahashi one day.My 14" dobsonian is my dream scope and I've seen nothing since I got that which I would want to swap that for. I would not want to go bigger unless I lived somewhere where I could leave the scope set up and ready to go all the time. I still feel lucky and appreciate it when I set that scope up.

it is a great scope chris 😁

• Like 1