Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Sybony Redline Eyepiece 6mm - Planet Killer?

refractor2345

I have this EP and use it regularly in 127 SW Mak at F12 for my highest magnification. I'm quite happy with it. Its main defect is 'kidney beaning' on bright objects: unless you position your eye right in the centre you may see shifting bands of backouts at the edge of the field. This is not noticeable on DSO and double stars.

There are sometimes ghost reflections when very bright objects are just outside the field of view, notably on the Moon.

Apart from that it is very good EP for its price: made well and with generous eye relief even for observing with glasses. 

Edited by Nik271

• 4 weeks later...

I have the exact same eyepiece in the 9mm magnification, and I can also say that it is a nice sharp eyepiece, especially for the money, but as mentioned above, I also notice the kidney bean effect. You have to get your eye just right, but because of the long eye relief it's worth it for guys like me who wear glasses.

I have the 6mm in my Amazon cart right now!

Clear skies!