Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Controlling a Mesu mount over LAN (local area network). Easier than I thought!

dan_adi

Hi guys, 

I couldn't find any information on how to remote control our Mesu 200 mounts through a local area network, so here is my small tutorial on how I did it.

It is actually simple ... and the best part ..  you can remove one more pesky USB cable from you setup. My goal is to convert everything to ethernet cables, I am half way there already 🙂

Mesu_LAN_Control.pdf

Edited by dan_adi
  • Like 1

I don't  have a Mesu, but I applaud your efforts to get away from USB connections.

Unless captive at both ends, the connector technology is pretty much unsuitable for moving parts.

Alas, we have all been pushed down this route for convenience and/or cost over the years. Now we are stuck with it!

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Skipper Billy said:

Chapeau !!  Well done and thanks for sharing the info.

I have a NUC velcroed to the scope to reduce moving USB cables to 1 but yours is a very elegant solution.

Thank you. I have an intel NUC too, and the USB cable from the Sitech controller was connected to it. Now with the Serial to Ethernet conversion, I simply got rid of that cable 🙂.

In the near future I plan to get rid of the Intel NUC as well, replacing it with a USB to Ethernet server.