Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

MESU- Frustration.. without ending

OJ87

10 minutes ago, newbie alert said:

We're 12 days into june, from his own words he said there was a delay right from the start, so he anticipated the delay.. from what cause isn't said but he only said it could be may..

He's obviously annoyed Lucas that much much for him not to respond to his emails( we all don't know what has been said, but obviously pushes a few buttons)

I deal with supplying materials and this year hasn't been worth trying to trade..so I'm only fitting...we should have had a new price book in Sept and another in March to keep up with increases but so far it's June and still no pricebook.. 

So if you phone a customer to tell then there's a delay and don't know when it's due to arrive the first thing they ask is when🤔

If I’d shelled out 6k I would want updates if anticipated date wasn’t realistic.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, newbie alert said:

He's obviously annoyed Lucas that much much for him not to respond to his emails( we all don't know what has been said, but obviously pushes a few buttons)

I reckon this is it.  A couple of weeks behind schedule and getting a solicitor involved 🧐 

There aren’t many (maybe even any) mounts in this price bracket with the load capacity and proven track record and I’m sure he isn’t making a huge mark up on these.  Well worth the wait. 

1 hour ago, newbie alert said:

We're 12 days into June..

As i said before.... the he never mention it, he said it WILL BE POSSIBLE in May, i take middle of May as date... please dont keep telling me we are at 12 of June... 

Maybe because of your deadlines and general attitude as you come across on here you've been put at the back of the que

My deadline were made two day ago... its only one deadline... no pushes after it.... that why it called (again) a deadline. 

We have no astro darkness only twilight, those photons won't stop travelling and still be there when you finally get a mount.. If you're that impatient maybe you picked the wrong hobbie... 

i dont know whom you mean be (we). Anyway thanks a lot for this useful information, i didn't know that before. I thought i will never catch any photons after two years from now...  Why i just download some galaxy Pics and watch them instead of expending all this time and nerves? 

venting your anger on here has solved what? 

As i wrote over there... if you ever read it: its about my Experience buying from this Company/Person... to let the others know and help them in their decision. 

There are historic and recent accounts of Lucas Mesu’s excellent after sales service on  the Sitech forum, so I guess folks will have to make their own minds up.

What is not in doubt however, is the performance of the mount itself, so if that’s what you want and your budget isn’t open ended, your choices are somewhat limited.

I was fortunate to be able to purchase mine through Modern Astronomy, which was entirely painless, and the mount has to date given 7 years of excellent service.

I deal with supplying materials and this year hasn't been worth trying to trade..so I'm only fitting...we should have had a new price book in Sept and another in March to keep up with increases but so far it's June and still no pricebook.. 

I have the whole mails and if the otherside denies this, i will Publish the Emails as they are. So no plays are playing here.
I doubt only People like you causes delays like this and make no one care about costumer interests. Just take my 8K money and i will not bother you in the next two years... i'm not wondering you are defending him so much... 

4 minutes ago, tomato said:

There are historic and recent accounts of Lucas Mesu’s excellent after sales service on  the Sitech forum, so I guess folks will have to make their own minds up.

What is not in doubt however, is the performance of the mount itself, so if that’s what you want and your budget isn’t open ended, your choices are somewhat limited.

I was fortunate to be able to purchase mine through Modern Astronomy, which was entirely painless, and the mount has to date given 7 years of excellent service.

I agree with you and as i mentioned it in my post, i based my decision on those positive Experiences. But i wasnt expecting this. 

1 hour ago, bottletopburly said:

If I’d shelled out 6k I would want updates if anticipated date wasn’t realistic.

that is my Point. getting updates and the Option to cancel it.

8 minutes ago, OJ87 said:

As i said before.... the he never mention it, he said it WILL BE POSSIBLE in May, i take middle of May as date... please dont keep telling me we are at 12 of June... 

My deadline were made two day ago... its only one deadline... no pushes after it.... that why it called (again) a deadline. 

i dont know whom you mean be (we). Anyway thanks a lot for this useful information, i didn't know that before. I thought i will never catch any photons after two years from now...  Why i just download some galaxy Pics and watch them instead of expending all this time and nerves? 

As i wrote over there... if you ever read it: its about my Experience buying from this Company/Person... to let the others know and help them in their decision. 

Problem is not everyone is in agreement with you.. customer service...Lucas  went way above and beyond the norm went he found out that a component on the mount was faulty, so he traced the owners of the faulty batch, travelled to the owners houses and installed the new one... sorry but that's above what most would do, by a long chalk..

Won't be catching any photons in 2 years, how long did you say you had it on order, thought you said Jan but Lucas told you that they was all sold so with delays it might be May..

Your other reply I've no idea what you're talking about as don't make any sense to me ..

So i end it there.. hope it sorts itself out

22 minutes ago, tooth_dr said:

I reckon this is it.  A couple of weeks behind schedule and getting a solicitor involved 🧐 

There aren’t many (maybe even any) mounts in this price bracket with the load capacity and proven track record and I’m sure he isn’t making a huge mark up on these.  Well worth the wait. 

Most comments about mesu and lucas are all very positive...I don't really need to ask , but how's yours doing Adam?

30 minutes ago, newbie alert said:

Problem is not everyone is in agreement with you.. customer service...Lucas  went way above and beyond the norm went he found out that a component on the mount was faulty, so he traced the owners of the faulty batch, travelled to the owners houses and installed the new one... sorry but that's above what most would do, by a long chalk..

Won't be catching any photons in 2 years, how long did you say you had it on order, thought you said Jan but Lucas told you that they was all sold so with delays it might be May..

Your other reply I've no idea what you're talking about as don't make any sense to me ..

So i end it there.. hope it sorts itself out

just like Mesu... as i pushed him to corner he stepped out..... im  starting to doubt you are the same person looking how you defend him and taking that so personal... maybe not.. i dont know. 
i replied to every phrase you wrote by order and you say you cant follow me... sorry i cant do more.  
i read about that legend story Mesu did ten years ago, on another side i read other stories (which are more recent, some of them happen this year) and tells the opposite of that. I quete your comment before: you have to the hear the story from the other side.  

8 minutes ago, OJ87 said:

just like Mesu... as i pushed him to corner he stepped out..... im  starting to doubt you are the same person looking how you defend him and taking that so personal... maybe not.. i dont know. 
i replied to every phrase you wrote by order and you say you cant follow me... sorry i cant do more.  
i read about that legend story Mesu did ten years ago, on another side i read other stories (which are more recent, some of them happen this year) and tells the opposite of that. I quete your comment before: you have to the hear the story from the other side.  

You think I'm Lucas! Are you paranoid

Look up my profile, not even in the same country, I'd love a mesu but that's a long way off, I've got other things to prioritise way before that... I've only ever had 1 dealing with him, I'm not one of his customers but i found him polite, genuine. . Like I said I've only heard positive things, and that's not going to change my opinion of him..

Good luck to him

Most comments about mesu and lucas are all very positive...I don't really need to ask , but how's yours doing Adam?

I can’t fault it, the product and service has been 100%.

There is a lesson for MESU and other small manufacturers here. Fail to keep customers up to date with an order and your poor communications will most likely lead to the frustrated buyer venting their frustration on a forum. Bad communications is bad business. 

• Like 4

Does he really make them all single handed and deal with existing customer queries ? must be very stressful.

Can't believe he only buys material for one mount at a time, wedge is only a bit of bent steel surely he buys it in 2400 x 1200 sheets.

Has he got no automation to knock out batches of stuff ?

Dave

7 hours ago, OJ87 said:

He said it will be in May but he didn’t defined the date, I took the middle of it. But that’s  not the only point, as I mentioned above: the way he tells me how my order being late and reason are not logical. 

I ordered an OTA in March, with had 30-40 days delivery.

3 weeks later I am still waiting.

Why?

Covid has had a significant impact on shipping of materials, components etc.

There’s 1,000s of containers stuck in ports.

Brexit has totally screwed imports to the UK

Take a deep breath and accept that the world is not what it was at the start of last year.

Also consider that when the manufacturer receives constant emails from all their customers, production time is impacted due to the time they need to reply to the emails.

1 hour ago, johninderby said:

There is a lesson for MESU and other small manufacturers here. Fail to keep customers up to date with an order and your poor communications will most likely lead to the frustrated buyer venting their frustration on a forum. Bad communications is bad business. 

Again you don’t know the full story.  One sided reflection of Lucas and his business. 

4 minutes ago, tooth_dr said:

Based on..?

my story??  or should everyone agree to good things you tell us about MESU, but doubt the bad one you dont like? its funny how you become reasonable when someone talking about criticism to MESU, but everyone MUST accept  MESU as perfect...  

It is not only the delay (i dont know why everyone focus on this).  

42 minutes ago, OJ87 said:

my story??  or should everyone agree to good things you tell us about MESU, but doubt the bad one you dont like? its funny how you become reasonable when someone talking about criticism to MESU, but everyone MUST accept  MESU as perfect...  

It is not only the delay (i dont know why everyone focus on this).  

Are you really being totally transparent about everything?

6 hours ago, tooth_dr said:

Are you really being totally transparent about everything?

Of course I’m being transparent, what Profit I’m getting if everyone believe this or not?. I summarized the mails, as they are. He wasn’t able to tell me when it’ll at least be finished just telling me he’s working on  parts and ordering some other. Then he get angry why I’m asking him every 2-3 weeks about updates of the mount… i have sold my current mount based on his promise (that was my fault because I believed him and all those excellent reports about his honesty in the internet), if I was able read such experience before ordering the mount I believe I would took other decision, at least not selling my current mount.. 

2 hours ago, OJ87 said:

Of course I’m being transparent, what Profit I’m getting if everyone believe this or not?. I summarized the mails, as they are. He wasn’t able to tell me when it’ll at least be finished just telling me he’s working on  parts and ordering some other. Then he get angry why I’m asking him every 2-3 weeks about updates of the mount… i have sold my current mount based on his promise (that was my fault because I believed him and all those excellent reports about his honesty in the internet), if I was able read such experience before ordering the mount I believe I would took other decision, at least not selling my current mount.. 

I give you an example, my friend bought and paid for a Trident over 2 years ago, I was going to buy his eq6  and on one conversation he said to me to take it as he was promised his trident within a month or 2... here we are a good few years later and he's still without his new mount..Id be amazed if he got it before Christmas and really feel sorry for him.. but if he had sold me his eq6 he be without something for over 2 and a half years

This was before covid, brexit,  suisse canal was even incorperated into the mix

Its a different world out there atm, and may take far longer than people realize to get back to something near normal

• Like 1

As a person who makes things and sells things I can tell you with first hand knowledge that life is extremely difficult if not impossible just now.

Try ordering from UK wholesalers any of the following (and probably loads more besides) - steel, computer chips, paint, wood, stainless steel parts, epoxy resin, anything from the EU, lifejackets, dinghies, outboard engines, polyester resin - the list goes on and on.....

There are various excuses given - usually Brexit, Covid and Suez - the truth is that most manufacturing and processing ground to a halt and workers were furloughed and 'stuff' wasn't made/processed - then when the world started to open up a bit there was nothing in the warehouses to sell to retailers. How the hell am I supposed to trade my way out of this mess if I cant get the materials to make things to sell ????

I have every sympathy for Lucas - many of the materials he needs are simply not available. Yes, its important to keep customers informed and most of our customers have been understanding but there is always a small minority who cant resist having a go and constantly asking the same questions again and again. This minority have no care whatsoever for the people running micro businesses working 16 hours a day 7 days a week (and often not even drawing a wage) to make quality items under the most challenging circumstances ever experienced. I have fully refunded a couple of clients who fall into this category along with a clear message to try our competitors.

Yes I own a Mesu mount and I am extremely happy with it - that doesn't make me a 'Mesu fan boy' - if there was criticism to be levelled I would be honest about it.

I am not sure what point the OP is trying to make - is he trying to create difficulties for Lucas or generate sympathy for himself ????

• Like 7

So if I’m correct, you placed on order near the end of January and was told to ‘hopefully’ expect delivery in May. May being 31 days in duration but you ‘assumed’ he meant middle of May.

So you have now started legal proceedings some 11 days beyond his ‘hopeful’ delivery expectation during in what is commonly known as the summer season, when little meaningful observation or photopgraphy can be achieved due to the shorter / lighter nights.

A couple of things come to mind, you possibly have got ‘buyers remorse’ and maybe regret your proposed purchase due to the expense, they aren’t cheap after all and you are looking at a convenient way of backing out of the deal. Or you genuinely believe you are being treated unfairly and have high expectations on the promises Lucas gave you.

I just find it strange that after 11 days beyond your own strict deadline you decide to go down this route and are seeking legal proceedings against literally a one man operation, who along with many other manufacturers are dealing with unprecedented levels of materials shortage.

A little perspective is perhaps needed here. I too ordered my Mesu e200 mount through Modern Astronomy in January of this year. I actually managed to get the last one from an earlier production run. However soon difficulties arose with my order, as there were no wedges available as Bernard had no stock of these. I waited nearly 2 months extra for the wedge. I then waited another month trying to arrange delivery. Bernard actually delivered it in person and gave me a quick run down on what goes where. That same night Lucas Mesu emailed me, no prompting from me he just said ‘hello Neil, pleased you have received your mount, if you have any questions do not hesitate to contact me and lastly enjoy your mount’.

For me if the mount works half as well as my contact with the dealer, Bernard and the man himself, Lucas then I will be happy. However everyone’s experience can be different I am aware of this.

Now if only someone could help my mount talk to my old laptop and make sense of the Sitech software I would be in heaven, but at least I have the time to get it sorted before Autumn.

I hope you get it resolved.

• Like 2