SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Oklop Padded Bag for Eyepieces, your thoughts?

Alan White

I know our fine SGL sponsor stocks these bags and some hav epurchased them.
Can I have feedback on how thos who have them find them and what you have inside,
a picture would speak a lot of words.

Thanks

https://www.firstlightoptics.com/telescope-bags-cases-storage/oklop-padded-bag-for-eyepieces-and-accessories.html

• Like 1

I have had one of these for about 6 months, and I'm pleased with it.  It fits all the 1 1/4" Naglers and Panoptics, plus a powermate.  Because it's quite deep, I can double stack some Delites as well. So a lot fits in a compact space, and it's padded well enough for my needs.

IMG_8640.JPG

IMG_8639.JPG

Edited by Oldfort
added photos
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Len1257 said:

Only 'fairly well made'? Some aspect you aren't happy with? 

Fair observation Len.

It's my 'I don't give 10/10' on anything unless it blows my socks off.

Its fairly well made, because I would like it more padded, but its not needed, just me.
Its fairly well made, because the handle has a tiny bump in it, minor but it's in it.
Its fairly well made, because the zips feel lighter than I would like, but I want heavy industrial on a smaller bag, they are actually fine.

It will do the job well, is small, neat and fits my mid sized eyepieces well.
Value wise, it's amazing at the price.
It to me feels a better case than the old Maplin Cases I have tried to use, they are tin foild, cardboard and foam.

Eyepiece cases are my nemesis, I am searching for the Goldilocks of cases and its close to being 'The One'

Edited by Alan White
  • Like 4

• 1 month later...

An update, I liked the bag so much that its now had a second one join it.
Really find the bag works for me.
The only thing I would add to it is loops on the zip pulls, thats easily done.

Edited by Alan White
typos of course
  • Like 4

On 12/11/2021 at 11:16, Alan White said:

Eyepiece cases are my nemesis, I am searching for the Goldilocks of cases and its close to being 'The One'

Likewise, I currently have to hard flight cases but they are bulky and don’t make good use of the space they have. I ordered one of the new Astro Essentials ones on FLO (the soft one) but really didn’t like it and sent it back, I would have won a £25 voucher as well for posting a photo of it full as well!!!!

This looks a lot better, better use of space and I like the compartments for filters etc. I reckon I could get the contents of both my current cases in this one case. Think I’ll go for it 👍

• Like 1

The new ones handle has no lumps or bumps, I think the original was a one off seam fold gone odd.
The cases are of very good quality and Made in Europe, not far, far away either, which is nice.
If I did not have nice Vixen bags already, then my Refractor would live in a case like F15's one.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, F15Rules said:

Not strictly totally relevant but just a shout from me for Oklop products, in my case a nice large, long holdall for my Tak FS128👍.

I'm very happy with it.

Dave

IMG_20210609_101533405_HDR_copy_750x1000.jpg

IMG_20210609_101542045_HDR_copy_1000x750.jpg

IMG_20210609_101748013_HDR_copy_750x1000.jpg

I’ve got a couple of Oklap bags too, Dave - I’m impressed the way the handles are attached. Gives great confidence 

😊

• Haha 2

27 minutes ago, JeremyS said:

I’ve got a couple of Oklap bags too, Dave - I’m impressed the way the handles are attached. Gives great confidence 

😊

• Wow! Some amazing stats, Jeremy!! 

How do you keep a handle on all your activities?:rolleyes2:

Dave

Hi Jeremy,

See above..

Great to see you ending the old year 2021 in the same way I ended the old year 2020!😊👍

Dave

2 hours ago, F15Rules said:

• Wow! Some amazing stats, Jeremy!! 

How do you keep a handle on all your activities?:rolleyes2:

Dave

Hi Jeremy,

See above..

Great to see you ending the old year 2021 in the same way I ended the old year 2020!😊👍

Dave

I just posted my 2021 observing stats in this new thread, Dave:

• Like 1