SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

IC1396

Stuf1978

This is a work in progress as I'd like at least double the integration time. Having said that, the data looks promising so far 😁

Taken with a WO Redcat, ZWO ASI 294MC Pro and Optolong L-eXtreme guided on a HEQ5 Pro from my Bortle 8 garden. 48x300 second subs (4 hours). Stacked in Siril with Ha and O3 extraction. Each channel was autostreched in Siril and transferred to Photoshop. The Ha was assigned to the red channel and O3 assigned to the blue and green. The stars were then removed in starnet++ and the nebula processed as normal in Photoshop and then the star layer was added back in 😃

Critique welcome 😃

IC1396 1.jpg

• Like 23

1 hour ago, tooth_dr said:

Totally agree, that is a fantastic version 

17 minutes ago, Mike73 said:

Very striking image, its got an almost hollow/tunnel like effect as it goes into the centre oiii.

Thanks chaps 😁

Beautiful processing.  The fact that it was a complex processing procedure is totally invisible in the image, which looks blissfully natural and effortless. The nebula is delightfully lit and the powdery little stars let it speak out. This really is an admirable piece of work. Bravo.

Olly

• Like 1

Yes, lovely image and perfect processing! By the way, your FOV is wide enough to include a very unusual PN (PN G100.4+04.6) to the right of the nebula that recently happened to be highlighted by two independent posts on Astrobin by Gary Imm and Peter Goodhew. See if you can find it:

https://www.astrobin.com/0dolq1/

https://www.astrobin.com/f2pr5t/

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ollypenrice said:

Beautiful processing.  The fact that it was a complex processing procedure is totally invisible in the image, which looks blissfully natural and effortless. The nebula is delightfully lit and the powdery little stars let it speak out. This really is an admirable piece of work. Bravo.

Olly

Thank you, it's appreciated. One thing that bugs me with the L-eXtreme is non natural star colour and halos around bigger stars (the Garnet Star in this case). I should really add some RGB stars data into my L-eXtreme images :) 

47 minutes ago, gorann said:

Yes, lovely image and perfect processing! By the way, your FOV is wide enough to include a very unusual PN (PN G100.4+04.6) to the right of the nebula that recently happened to be highlighted by two independent posts on Astrobin by Gary Imm and Peter Goodhew. See if you can find it:

https://www.astrobin.com/0dolq1/

https://www.astrobin.com/f2pr5t/

Thank you, high praise indeed. I still think more data is needed to iron out a little bit of the noise :)

Wow, I never knew about that PN and looking at the image full scale I do believe I got it. See the attached crop below :)  

38 minutes ago, teoria_del_big_bang said:

Superb 🙂 

Steve

Thank you :) 

16 minutes ago, Martin-Devon said:

Agreed, a beautiful version here, looks very natural and not over-cooked, Great job!

Martin

Thanks very much :) 

tempsnip.jpg

• Like 1

Beyond amazing :) something for me to aim for. I have been shooting IC1396 and finally managed to get something I was happy with that I just posted, but this is inspirational :)

Ed

• Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, irtuk said:

Beyond amazing :) something for me to aim for. I have been shooting IC1396 and finally managed to get something I was happy with that I just posted, but this is inspirational :)

Ed

Thank you, that's very kind 🙏