Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Europa reappearance from eclipse 07-09-21

U Cyg

A short gif of Europa reappearing from eclipse.
Images captured from 20:41ut to 20:46ut, but I think Europa had reached maximum brightness before the last capture.

spacer.png

After these captures Firecapture decided that it didn't recognise my camera, nor my ASI120mm and ASI120mc.  So after a few reboots and still no luck I called it a night. 

I tried again yesterday during daylight and all seems to be fine, but it was cloudy last night & rain most of the day today & this evening, so it is back to the waiting game again!

Celestron 8se, basic EQ5 mount with dual axis drives, ASI 224, ADC, IR742  & 2x barlow.
Firecapture, AutoStakkert!3, Registax 6, Photoshop

Angie

• Like 8

Great capture there Angie. I observed this visually, quite fun to watch. What surprises me most about your gif is how much the planet appears to rotate just in that short space of time, amazing.

Thanks Stu. In fact it was your heads-up that sent me out to image it, and with only a minute or so to spare!

I also caught the Io one a few days earlier, but seeing was so bad that I'm not sure that I can do anything with the data.

Angie

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, U Cyg said:

Thanks Stu. In fact it was your heads-up that sent me out to image it, and with only a minute or so to spare!

I also caught the Io one a few days earlier, but seeing was so bad that I'm not sure that I can do anything with the data.

Angie

Excellent! Glad the heads up was useful.

Thanks Neil! I remember the first time I saw one through my first scope, Tal-1.  I couldn't work out what had happened, thought that I must have imagined it,

until I looked at Skymap Pro.  After that I always checked to see what was going on.   Nowadays I rarely check anything!

Thank you Craig.  I should have just had an early night instead of trying to sort it out.

Thanks Simon. Yes, it was good to catch it, but if I hadn't seen Stu's heads-up I wouldn't have known about it.

Thanks Martyn.  It was a real rushed job but it came out fairly well!

Angie

• Like 1