Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Simeis147 I’m not finished but….

assouptro

Hi Star people! 

As the title states I don’t think I’m finished with this image but I want to share it as I have been looking at it for months and trying to decide whether to start again or add to It for another season or put it to bed for now?

This image has been haunting me, It’s a tricky huge but faint supernova remnant between Auriga and Taurus I have spent the last weeks of winter/spring clear skies (and they are rare here) trying to collect data on this to bring out more detail 

I’ve a total of 12hours Oiii 6&8min subs with 20 hours ha 6/8&10 min subs combined with just over an hour of 2 min rgb subs all taken with an Atik 490 through a Samyang 135mm lens 

I took a shot of the full moon for scale which I superimposed as this remnant is so huge in the sky I think it’s useful to have it to scale.

I am tempted to start the process again and spend another season on it but clear skies are becoming a luxury!

I hope I’ve done if justice? 

And I hope you like it? 

960ED311-4316-4003-9548-228622AAC441.thumb.jpeg.61e6a7041aba2a1a1dea0c1de16ded06.jpeg

And the one with the moon…

F22D5867-36C8-4349-93EC-E7232A76C121.thumb.jpeg.7c86f2ea1df77cbfe3a59f67c9bce5d2.jpeg

Thanks for Looking 

Bryan

Edited by assouptro
Not finished
  • Like 27

• assouptro changed the title to Simeis147 I’m not finished but….
2 hours ago, glafnazur said:

I like it very much 👍 and adding the moon for scale really helps. It never ceases to amaze me how large some of these objects are

Thanks for the comment glafnazur

I'm glad you like it

It surprised me when I compared it to a full moon! 
I knew it was big, but it was interesting to see them on the same image! 

Cheers 

Bryan 

2 hours ago, Allinthehead said:

Great image Bryan, your patience paid off.

Thanks for the comment.

I needed a lot of patience, I was trying to get the data for months and the weather was awful, as usual, it only seems to be clear on the full moon!! 
cheers 

Bryan 

47 minutes ago, Skipper Billy said:

Well done. Great capture and elegant processing.

I would live to have  ago at this but I don't have anything wide field enough and I hate doing mosaics!!

Chapeau.

Hi David! 

Thanks for the comment! 

This almost felt like a mosaic, with regards the time spent trying to capture the data!

FYI, I can see there is a Samyang 135mm lens up for sale on ukabs! 
I know you’d do a Stirling job if you did have a go! 

Cheers 

Bryan 

4 hours ago, carastro said:

Well done a huge and tricky target, you have done well.  For my taste I would increase the colour saturation a little.

Carole 

Hi Carole

Thanks for the comment

I have spent hours looking at this image and trying various adjustments, I have produced brighter more saturated versions and they do pop more but start to look a little false, however, I know what you mean and I am probably going to reprocess the whole thing sometime! 

cheers 

Bryan 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, tomato said:

Great image, and beautifully framed with your set up. It’s so easy to crop bits off with a mosaic in an effort to keep the number of panels to a minimum, but you have it all.

Hi tomato

Thanks for the comment! 

It fits just right with the Samyang 135 and the Atik 490 chip size, quite tricky to frame at first due to its low brightness, 

Cheers

Bryan