Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Unexpected visitor on the allsky!

Jonk

I moved a cctv camera last night and guess what! He / she’s back!

6150602C-984B-4E6A-8E75-CC82C4863457.thumb.png.329b7bd8c4ffe9653151874194425b64.png

I reckon the temporary hanging basket just to hold the camera boxes up there would make a fine nest, so I reckon it’s thinking of moving in?

• Like 6

Sorry to keep going on, and away from it being astro related but I've just sat outside for about an hour with the DSLR on the offchance it visited.

And it did! I took 1 shot, 10s iso1600 wide open at 185mm which wasn't near enough, and as the camera display showed the image, the owl took off and flew right over my head - I didn't hear a thing!

Here's the best I can realistically do with the photo, it was pretty dark outside._MG_8544.thumb.jpg.5a1f160781af24aae4344630f2cd4bfa.jpg

• Like 14

• 3 weeks later...

Fantastic photos.  I am about to purchase an IR wildlife camera as we have occasional mysterious "goings on" in the garden, to do with chicken eggs arriving - whole, or dug up???  Want to know what's going on though think it might be foxes burying them.

Carole 

A friend of mine has a couple set up so they can watch the hedgehogs.

You sound like you have a mystery going on!

The allsky has already proven its worth, but not for the skies. We would probably never have known about Terry (the owl’s name!) if I didn’t have one.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...