Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

The Eastern Veil - My First Mosaic (HOO)

Mr_42tr0nomy

Hey Everyone!

I've avoided mosaics due to the single fact that I know how much exposure time I like to put towards a single-frame image.. I would have imagined that this photo would consist of 60 hours or so.. Alas, this image consists of 24 total hours of data! I collected 6hrs of data through my 3nm Ha/Oiii filter per panel This was a learning experience but has also gave me confidence to attempt this again with maybe something a bit larger! I hope you all enjoy this supernova remnant!

I highly recommend viewing the full res view here:  https://cdn.astrobin.com/images/22314/2021/db898fa9-7f4e-4c59-8b09-6be474c994f2.jpg

Equipment:

• Cem60
  • 10" Quattro
  •  asi294mm
  •  Astrodon 3nm Ha/Oiii filters
  •  PixInsighT, Photoshop, DSS, PHD2, SGP

Veil Pano Final.jpg

• Like 26

That's very nice.  24 hours is about 6 months worth of evenings over here in the UK !!

How do you find the 294mm ??     I'm tempted by one  ( and I have a SW10" Quattro as well, so your photo is very encouraging).

I read a lot about "banding" issues which is putting me off.

Sean.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Craney said:

That's very nice.  24 hours is about 6 months worth of evenings over here in the UK !!

How do you find the 294mm ??     I'm tempted by one  ( and I have a SW10" Quattro as well, so your photo is very encouraging).

I read a lot about "banding" issues which is putting me off.

Sean.

No banding issues for me whatsoever. It's a perfect camera paired with the Quattro. I don't hardware bin 2x2 Bcs it does make things look a bit grainy. I shoot full resolution with all of my scopes (max Fl 1000). If you want to bin, I would highly recommend software binning. Other than that, this camera is awesome. I love how much detail it captures with the small pixels 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, tooth_dr said:

A totally different look at the Veil. So much fine detail that normally goes undetected. A true masterpiece ☺️

Thank you very much! 

21 hours ago, CraigT82 said:

Wow! Well worth a good look at full res. So much detail, and an almost 3D effect. Absolutely stunning 👍

Much appreciated, Craig! 

32 minutes ago, peter shah said:

wonderful rendition. I love just those delicate upper tendrils  

Peter, Thank you! I would have loved to talk with you on Wednesday as I am a part of Astroworld live YouTube show. I unfortunately had to work but I plan on watching the show!