NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

NGC 2264 THE CHRISTMAS TREE CLUSTER

CELESCOPE

Wellllllllllll my first clear spell for 12 weeks , al-beit just 2 hrs, i made the best of it , sorted out my vignetting, and managed 1 hour of exposure on the Christmas tree cluster , always found this a very hard target, especially with the moon near by , which just took the edge of the faint nebula, the cone nebula can clearly be seen here as well , so all in all i,m pleased , hopefully i may be lucky to have another go when the moon goes , if not have to wait for the next time around.anyway here it is ,

Rog

Camera used Atik 16HR, HA filter used, HEQ6, ED 80 , SKYSCAN, about f5, 1 hour exposure made up of 90 sec subs , binned 2x2, and processed in Maxim.

image.jpg

Cheers guys , yes it was nice , just wish i had longer out there , wanted a couple more , but the usual cloud cover soon came over , its a pain this weather .

Rog

maybe try to improve it Martin , its very faint , if i try to pull more detail it may overdo it .

Archived