Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Help! my images are grayed out in deep sky stacker after using N.I.N.A

Not sure what the problem with your DSS version was - but here is what came out of mine (after a bit of stretching in DSS):

Screenshot_2.jpg.93e0a1e41c98da764712b39fad4b06f1.jpg

Version that I was using: 4.2.5

Settings:

image.png.cb84563321c806dcb988f6f8645f3cf5.png

image.png.e4efe6171e8af8513ba233c22df6afbf.png

I changed to no background calibration since you seem to be using subs of different temperature (is your camera cooled?) - at least according to their names.

In any case, here is 32bit float point fits for you to try out:

stack.fits

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, vlaiv said:

Not sure what the problem with your DSS version was - but here is what came out of mine (after a bit of stretching in DSS):

Screenshot_2.jpg.93e0a1e41c98da764712b39fad4b06f1.jpg

I changed to no background calibration since you seem to be using subs of different temperature (is your camera cooled?) - at least according to their names.

In any case, here is 32bit float point fits for you to try out:

the camera is cooled but I think it started losing power. My skywatcher power tank dies pretty quickly now, so I'm going to get a mains adaptor for the fan. Whilst you were on that I was trying out app and... I got this.

I've noticed it's not much difference than the subs I saw in nina to be honest. to make darks i would have to get the right temp for each one

I would still like to work out dss, I've redownloaded it a few times but the settings are as I put them before, like it never gets truly deleted? something to do with cache maybe that's the problem. I'll be trying out APP in the meantime, I'm about to head out and try a galaxy this time. Thanks for taking your time with that by the way

M27-St.jpg

• Like 1