Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Got two hour's in this morning

& spent over an hour dodging cloud.

Scope used 130mm Newt (short tube) Mead 26&9.7 4000 EP 2x barlows.

2am-4am BST.

Between cloud's the seeing was a good 8/10 but gusty wind.

I had 3 target's in mind, Jupiter of course M3 in Hercules & M97 in Ursa Maj'.

Jupiter stood out well,with three of the moon's visible, 1 to the left, two to the right.

Kept on returning to Jupiter in the hope the 4th moon would pop out-but clouds stopped play!

M3-Must have spent most of my time on this one,various mag's between 50x to 150x.(You can't have to much of a good cluster)

Was deciding to call it a night,but I got to my back door & decided to have a look again.I just pointed & hoped.I could see the 3 faint stars that make out the owl Neb M97 but couldn't see any Neb'-I must have caught the scope some how,because I could see a faint smudge start to appear.Checked with both eye's,wasn't seeing thing's-I'd clocked the owl for the first time.(Nearly did a lap of honour round the garden, but thought better not :lol:)

There's my little report for now.Time for bed.

Mick :)

Well done Mark, the Owl is one target that I hope to get in the next clear night.

As WH says, victory laps in the dark could seriously damage further obsering sessions :)

naz :lol:

Mark?....Who's he :scratch:

Mick :lol::)

:oops: finger problems here, shouldn't try posting when I am just out of bed and have not had the required ten cups of coffee!

naz :oops: :oops:

Archived