SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Astronomy kit supply shortages - are you part of the problem?

Shimrod

Skymax 90

EQ2 mount and tripod

2x Manfrotto tripods and heads

10x60 Altair Astro finder

2x 6x30 SW finders

Telrad

Dielectric diagonal

ST80

AZ5 mount

Half a dozen eyepieces

Baader Mk4 Zoom

10x50 Binoculars

1:10 focuser upgrade

Flight case

Cheshire

Books and Atlas

Neodymium, UHC and Oiii filters

All secondhand though!

Edited by Pixies

13 hours ago, Clarkey said:

Don't do it!!

My first purchase was January last year. Everything listed below is since then. Guilty as charged.

I do have a problem though. The house insurance has just come up for renewal and my better half wants to know how much cover to add for my astro gear. 😱😬

I spoke to Direct Line, and they want to know specifics over £2000, or was it £2500. Anyway individually covered so if a complete rig is nicked from outside I am covered.

On the subject of equipment cost, I've told friends that in the event of my demise please don't let my wife sell my astro kit for what she thinks I paid for it, and that goes for my motorcycles as well.😂

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, GuzziChris said:

On the subject of equipment cost, I've told friends that in the event of my demise please don't let my wife sell my astro kit for what she thinks I paid for it, and that goes for my motorcycles as well.😂

Good point. Better change my will and send a note to the executor🤣

15 hours ago, Shimrod said:

Maybe this should have been the astronomers anonymous thread.

If this keeps up, FLO will need to follow the example of the online gambling sites, and offer punters the ability to self-exclude and cool off.

• Haha 1

Not me either, I have only bought a new refractor, a hard case for the refractor a barlow, a couple of filters, a 2 inch star diagonal, a new finder, a Losmandy dove tail and an ADM Vixen to Losmandy adaptor since Christmas....