NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

New Takahashi

• 3 weeks later...
On 04/03/2021 at 11:25, KP82 said:

There is an Ex demo 76DCU on FLO at the moment. Very tempting...hehehe

There was... reading this and another comparison thread finally pushed me over the decision point and as I’ve been looking for a capable and very lightweight scope that doesn’t require a while to cool or dew over, I think this fits the bill perfectly 👍

Very similar capability to my StellaMira 80mm f/10, which I love, but it’s just a bit too heavy at 6kg loaded, so hopefully this can be the ideal “grab and go” 🤞

So I’ll soon be joining you and others Nicola, in this little club of happy FC-76DCU owners 😀

• Like 5

On 03/03/2021 at 08:42, Lockie said:

I've been giving that 76DCU on the FLO clearance site a few cheeky sideways glances 👌🤗😄

Apologies Chris, but I couldn’t resist any longer and it seemed a real shame to be sitting in the shop window unloved for so long 😬

Blame @JeremyS for posting all those gorgeous photos of his on the Berlebach/ScopeTech 🤣

Edited by HollyHound
  • Haha 2

23 minutes ago, HollyHound said:

There was... reading this and another comparison thread finally pushed me over the decision point and as I’ve been looking for a capable and very lightweight scope that doesn’t require a while to cool or dew over, I think this fits the bill perfectly 👍

Very similar capability to my StellaMira 80mm f/10, which I love, but it’s just a bit too heavy at 6kg loaded, so hopefully this can be the ideal “grab and go” 🤞

So I’ll soon be joining you and others Nicola, in this little club of happy FC-76DCU owners 😀

Excellent news! This is such a lovely G&G and travel scope. And that was a real bargain price.

It will sit beautifully on your ScopeTech Zero mount!

• Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, HollyHound said:

Apologies Chris, but I couldn’t resist any longer and it seemed a real shame to be sitting in the shop window unloved for so long 😬

Blame @JeremyS for posting all those gorgeous photos of his on the Berlebach/ScopeTech 🤣

I’m amazed how long it remained in the window considering the attractive price and the shortage of quality scopes in the market atm

For a moment I entertained the idea of a bino-scope. Glad that temptation has gone 🤣

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, JeremyS said:

Excellent news! This is such a lovely G&G and travel scope. And that was a real bargain price.

It will sit beautifully on your ScopeTech Zero mount!

Thank you. I've been thinking about this one off and on for weeks, I am so surprised it wasn't snapped up already. My only concern was whether it would give me anything over the StellaMira, but whilst I love that, it really is a heavy old beast (superbly built but possibly over-engineered) and I really want something that's as light as my C5, but without the dewing and cool down... plus it's a refractor, they are magical in many ways 😃

Am going to try it without a dovetail initially, bolted directly onto the ScopeTech, but may get a dovetail and leave the ADM clamp on there long term. However, it it works as I hope it does, then these two (plus the Report) could be a permanent "ready to go" setup 🤔

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, JeremyS said:

I’m amazed how long it remained in the window considering the attractive price and the shortage of quality scopes in the market atm

For a moment I entertained the idea of a bino-scope. Glad that temptation has gone 🤣

Exactly, I looked at it weeks ago, was pre-occupied with getting the Ethos and AZ100 at the time and thought it would have gone... but over the last few nights, been reading these posts and chatting with a few helpful forum members, and thought it's either now or ever... I was reading that in the USA, Taks are on a waiting list of 7/8 months+ 😮 So made the decision this morning.

Now a bino-scope with these would probably be amazing 🤣

Edited by HollyHound
  • Like 3

59 minutes ago, JeremyS said:

’m amazed how long it remained in the window considering the attractive price and the shortage of quality scopes in the market atm

The photo shown wasn't for a FC-76DCU, so perhaps it put some off, but I confirmed with FLO that it is indeed an ex-demo FC-76DU with all the OTA package bits (tube cradle, 6x30 finder and finder holder) 😃

Edited by HollyHound
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, JeremyS said:

I thought you could have cornered the market on "Bino-scope handles", Jeremy??:)

Dave

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

7 hours ago, HollyHound said:

lol Oh it was loved, just from afar! It's hard to blame such a nice chap as Jeremy, so I'll just congratulate your self on an excellent purchase instead! I trust you'll tell us all about it once you've used it in anger, although I think it will be more like joy! :)  

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Lockie said:

lol Oh it was loved, just from afar! It's hard to blame such a nice chap as Jeremy, so I'll just congratulate your self on an excellent purchase instead! I trust you'll tell us all about it once you've used it in anger, although I think it will be more like joy! :)  

Thanks... Indeed, he is a lovely chap and his scope setups are an inspiration 😃

Will do, as soon as I can get it setup and a clear night 👍

• Like 1

Nicola,

Congratulations on your new telescope.  You'll get many years of pleasure from it.   I have had an FSQ-106n for over 16 years and I'm still in love with the quality and workmanship that was put into it.  Most of all, I love the images and views that I get from it.

Enjoy it!

Bert

• Like 2

6 hours ago, BertQ said:

Nicola,

Congratulations on your new telescope.  You'll get many years of pleasure from it.   I have had an FSQ-106n for over 16 years and I'm still in love with the quality and workmanship that was put into it.  Most of all, I love the images and views that I get from it.

Enjoy it!

Bert

Thank you Bert! As expected, it has been delivered with a month’s worth of cloudy skies but the forecast is good for Thursday and I hope to set it up at last! What a delight that FSQ-106 must be - the workmanship and quality of the Taks is outstanding!

Without wishing to hijack your thread too much more Nicola, I will just say (show) that once you do get these fully setup, they’re absolutely lovely and a joy to use 😃

Although I’ve only had an hour on the moon with mine, I can say that this FC-76DCU is going to get a lot of use as my main grab and go scope now 👍

Just need some clear skies again 🤞

Takahash9i_FC-76DU_ScopeTech_Report.jpg

Edited by HollyHound
Photo: Takahashi FC-76DCU with TV 3-6mm Zoom on ScopeTech Zero on Berlebach Report 372
  • Like 4

15 minutes ago, HollyHound said:

Without wishing to hijack your thread too much more Nicola, I will just say (show) that once you do get these fully setup, they’re absolutely lovely and a joy to use 😃

Although I’ve only had an hour on the moon with mine, I can say that this FC-76DCU is going to get a lot of use as my main grab and go scope now 👍

Looks absolutely wonderful - I love your mount and it looks great with the Berlebach. You’re not hijacking the thread at all. I’ll try to post some photos this week too. Enjoy every minute of it!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 28/03/2021 at 18:41, HollyHound said:

@HollyHound at long last I’m all set up and ready to go with clear skies promised for this evening. I decided to go with the EQM-35 Pro for first light so I’d have GoTo. The new diagonal and TV Nagler 3-6mm EP are raring to go!

8673C656-757B-4A3D-B421-C2624BE7E411.jpeg

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Nicola Fletcher said:

@HollyHound at long last I’m all set up and ready to go with clear skies promised for this evening. I decided to go with the EQM-35 Pro for first light so I’d have GoTo. The new diagonal and TV Nagler 3-6mm EP are raring to go!

Wow! What an absolutely stunning setup, Nicola 👍🏻

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Congratulations.  Good luck with it.  Superb telescopes, I love my FSQ85, good as an imaging scope and a superb scope to use eyepieces with as well, never forget.  Some cracking views of the moon with my FSQ.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Nicola Fletcher said:

Superb setup Nicola, you should really get some stunning views with this... Even after just a few hours with mine, I’m addicted to the simple, fast setup and easy viewing this scope provides 👍

Wishing you lots of fun with this 😃

• Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, John said:

Very nice setup !

Do you have any specific 1st light targets in mind ?

I certainly do! I was thinking of M42 and the Pleiades, then trying for M81/82, the double cluster in Perseus, maybe M3 and finally a look at the moon? My views south are the best from that site but north isn’t bad either. I’m particularly keen on the moon to try out the Nagler zoom! 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Nicola Fletcher said:

I certainly do! I was thinking of M42 and the Pleiades, then trying for M81/82, the double cluster in Perseus, maybe M3 and finally a look at the moon? My views south are the best from that site but north isn’t bad either. I’m particularly keen on the moon to try out the Nagler zoom! 

Good targets !

Moonrise is 2:28 am though so it will be the early hours until it's high enough to be worth a look.

Some nice triple stars would include Beta Monocerotis and Iota Cassiopeia. Sigma Orionis (just below the belt) is a quadruple with a mag 9 faintest member so a nice challenge.

Messier 35 in Gemini is a great low power open cluster.

Have fun !

Edited by John
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1