Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Takahashi XXX movie

I didn’t get the bit at the end of the video when they included some footage of Tak scopes being used in America. I think they might have been saying “isn’t funny how those weird westerners insist on using diagonal prisms when we all know that using Tak scopes in straight through mode is simpler”

🙂

Edited by JeremyS
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, mikeDnight said:

It made me want to buy one. Now it's cold shower time!

Did you notice the QC technician doing the final test, Mike? Licking the lens to ensure it’s good enough to despatch.

🙂

It was a Sky90.  I bought it to use as a Ha solar telescope and then found out how much a Coronado 90mm etalon cost!.  It never saw the night sky in my ownership but a view through it of Jupiter, after selling it to a friend, quite impressed me.   🙂

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Peter Drew said:

It was a Sky90.  I bought it to use as a Ha solar telescope and then found out how much a Coronado 90mm etalon cost!.  It never saw the night sky in my ownership but a view through it of Jupiter, after selling it to a friend, quite impressed me.   🙂

That surely required zen-like restraint, Peter 🤔

Not even tempted to have a lick when you saw the OG?

The Sky-90 was a rather unusual scope for Takahashi and there was a fair bit of controversy around it's optical characteristics, maintenance of collimation and handling of CA. From the reading I've done on that model (I have not owned or used one) I suspect much of this was down to misunderstandings though.

Roger Vine's review is interesting:

http://scopeviews.co.uk/TakSky90.htm

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...