SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Another go - Bode's Galaxy and The Cigar Galaxy

brendant

Had an unexpected clear spell last night, was setup within ten minutes of getting home from work, everything worked great, longest spell of guiding since got it setup at Christmas. All my worries about the capability of the Skywatcher EQ5 Synscan mount and its ability to be guided accurately are dispelled, never lost a sub in almost 4 hours.

Captured 31 subs before the cloud finally came, 26 x 6 Minute subs + 7 x 8 Minute subs (3 Hours - 20 Min) all at ISO800, Unmodded 400D with the ED80 guided on the EQ5. Image stacked in DSS. post processed in PS. No darks, flats or bias frames used.

Brendan

post-13788-133877353635_thumb.jpg

post-13788-133877353641_thumb.jpg

I love the way that you have managed to keep both of them looking really natural.

Bode's is REALLY smooth and lovely looking. The cigar looks good as well. I normally manage to burn out the cigar (if you excuse the pun) when trying to get the spiral arms in Bodes...

Well done Brendan. Very nice indeed!

Ant

That's a super image Brendan :(

Till now I've only considered using my C8-N for imaging this pair, but now seeing your excellent use of an ED80 you've inspired me to have a go using that imaging train. I also guess the wider field will make it easier picking up a guide star in the C8-N :)

cheers

Keith

Archived