Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Leaving mount outside?

Pryce

So long as it’s kept dry it should not be an issue,  

when we are at Kelling Heath kit is usually left out for the week with safety covering of course 

Just make sure you covering is secure , if it gets windy it will become like a kite and can tip over equipment 

seen that on more than one occasion , luckily not my own

Rich

Edited by rcwinter
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, AndyThilo said:

I hang a wardrobe dehumidifier from the DEC clutch leve

Fantastic idea, Just ordered some from Amazon, under a tenner for 10 so got to be worth a try. My mount and scope are more or less permanently outside under a TG cover. I’ve never had any major problems 

9 hours ago, newbie alert said:

If using a tripod and some sort of cover most of the moisture will rise up from underneath, especially if setup on grass.. I used a breathable bbq cover for a few years without issues

Yeah, I think as long as the cover is open a bit to air flow it’ll be fine. Worst that will happen will be the screws and counterweights rust. Stainless versions of both will solve that.

14 hours ago, Jiggy 67 said:

Fantastic idea, Just ordered some from Amazon, under a tenner for 10 so got to be worth a try. My mount and scope are more or less permanently outside under a TG cover. I’ve never had any major problems 

These are what I use, last about a month or so.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07HXV8NWW/ref=cm_sw_em_r_mt_dp_-Kr5FbSTZWYHH?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1