Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

DIY Simple Slow Motion Controls for Zhumell Z8

After studying a variety of DIY ideas for slow motion controls, I came up with my own pretty simple design that only cost me $110 in materials (plus tax).  Once I had all the parts collected it only took me a day to assemble it on my Z8 Zhumell. For the azimuth drive I pretty much copied other direct drive systems I've seen online, but I used a monopod to create the altitude arm and attached with bimini hinge brackets (boat awning deck hinges). It works like a charm.  Will gladly share my parts list, assembly photos and notes with others.

slowmo controls.jpg

slowmo 2.jpg

slowmo 3.jpg

slowmo 4.jpg

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

• 1 year later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 1 year later...
2 hours ago, bosun21 said:

To move from a higher altitude target to one nearer the horizon would take an eternity screwing the adjustment ring ( unless you fitted some sort of release mechanism or clutch.

The altitude screw is fixed into a monopod leg, which has quick release locks between sections.

• Thanks 1