NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Info required on electric hook up cables

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I gather the electricity supply to the pitches, is via buried cables, and there is a 3 pin female socket to plug in your own cable and RCD proofed weather protected sockets?. I have only ever been to alby, and that site had no electric. Other than someone with their own generator.

Ron. :(

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Suncamp-3-socket-mains-connector-fantastic-item_W0QQitemZ110339529596QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_Cables_Hookups?hash=item110339529596&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1298|66%3A2|65%3A12|39%3A1|240%3A1318

This is a v good price Jamie !

Karlo Scratch that - just seen Paxo's link- BNIB at that price !! usually a lot more than that ! Oh and no local pick up req'd :(

just come across this thread and i am glad to see you have gone for a reputable camping supply shop and stayed away from flea bay.

We go camping a lot and a friend of ours bought a hook up lead from bay (against our advice) and after a couple of uses it caused a short and her tent caught fire, and believe me that is a fire you dont want to be caught in , everything destroyed in seconds.

Too many cowboys on eBay are cutting corners and just putting a plug and socket onto some cable and calling it a hook up and unsuspecting Joe pays the price when it inevitably goes wrong.

I suppose its the same with astro stuff, stay away from flea bay unless you know exactly what you are after.

Sorry for the rant but im pleases to see you got sorted.

Jamie, is this so you can plug in your plasma TV and DVD at Keilder ??? whats your plans mate,

p.s we only paid for a non leccy hook up at Keilder ;-)

I thought Jamie needed the hook up for his heated vibrating water bed :(

Archived