SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

New scope orderd today

As the budget got cut. I went for a Sentinal Astro package 1 (£249 inc del) from scopes n skies. It includes a 98% reflective diagonal + W70 19mm EP!!

Not bad for £249. On trhe hunt for a VR-1 filter now!?.

Rob

:lol:

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looks like an excellent scope Rob, nice one mate. Hope to see lots of images of the scope and maybe even a review soon!

I may just do that Gordon... cheers for your input on getting here :lol:

Speaking to Russ on the phone today & he suggested a 2" VR-1 (WO) £44 from Ian King and rthen screwing that directly behind the 1.25" adapter on the barrel of the scope?.

My issue hear is that I'm very, very unlikley to move up to 2" kit + I'm trying to keep my credit card debt down :lol:

I hear what your saying though!!... still £41 is not bad & I hope should do the job?!!

Am I right in saying David hinds are free internet order del?.

There no difference between the 2" filter and the 1.25" filter if your only using 1.25" kit. To be honest if your that skint i would leave the filter until your scope arives. As it's a "semi-APO" you might find that you dont even notice the CA as your a visual observer. The filters only really come into there own when you start imaging as the increased exposures show it dramaticly. Get the scope first, try it out, then see if you need the filter. Plus it gives you a little longer for your wallet to recover.

Congrats on the new scope Rob - I am sure that you will enjoy it :)

My issue hear is that I'm very, very unlikley to move up to 2" kit + I'm trying to keep my credit card debt down :lol:

To not put a widefield 2" eyepiece on that scope would be a crying shame :)

My only concern with buing a 2" VR-1 one and then fitting it between the 1.25 adapter on the scope, is that it looks like the diagonal my hit it when fitted??... I may be wrong here, but it looks tight?.

:?

Archived