SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

New scope orderd today

If you do get the chance - move up to the 2" eyepieces.

If you ever have a chance to look through one, you'll won't want to look through a 1.25" one again!! :crybaby: :crybaby:

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That I'm sure of, however it takes me down another financial road. I do own a 2" diagonal (bought it from Russ before xmas) I broke the mirror... boy was I upset!

Just searched the net. I have 3 choices

Williams Optics Violet Reducing filter 1.25 £34.99 - http://www.acecameras.co.uk/asp/web/recorprod/1/product/10305/cat/1359/ph/cat/keywords//recor/1/SearchFor//PT_ID/1/product.asp

Sirus MV20 1.25 £59 - http://telescopes-binoculars.co.uk/products/astronomical_accessories/astro_accessories_m.html

Baader Fringe Killer 1.25 £41 - David Hinds.

Researched until my eye's nearly started to bleed!!! :lol:

The WO VR-1 comes out on top!!... it does not darken as much as the Fringe Killer and balances the after yellow effect. I have orderd the 1.25 direct from WO @ 39 Euro which includes delivery!!.... chuffed!!.

Rob

:)

Review on the new scope + EP / Diagonal / filter. to follow when it stops raining (sorry about that!)

Good call Rob, maybe write a review to redress the balance! Tell the world that the WO filter is better than the Baader one! That way the next time someone comes the same crossroads as you, your research can be used.

My thoughts entirely mate.

Good call Rob, maybe write a review to redress the balance! Tell the world that the WO filter is better than the Baader one! That way the next time someone comes to the same crossroads as you, your research can be used.

Isn't he supposed to come to an opinion on that after he's used the filter? :lol:

Good call Rob, maybe write a review to redress the balance! Tell the world that the WO filter is better than the Baader one! That way the next time someone comes to the same crossroads as you, your research can be used.

Isn't he supposed to come to an opinion on that after he's used the filter? :lol:

Dont be daft, how can we all be baised then?

Better still ... after he has used both filters :)

Rob, will your supplier supply both on the understanding that one will be returned for a refund? Consider also that the effectiveness of a false-colour filter will depend on the scope you are using - what works on a Skywatcher might not be as effective on a Revelation/Sentinel 80. (The same applies to LPR filters - their effectiveness depends on the type of light pollution you have).

Personally, I wouldn't order a false colour filter until after you have tried the scope; it is surprisingly well corrected :)

Steve is right. I don't think the Fringe Killer would suit the Sentinel/Revelation, it's way too severe. Better suited to a Skywatcher Startravel/Evostar. Baader do a Semi-Apo filter specially for the 'well corrected' achromats. I think this is why you've been reading the WO VR1 is better because it was designed for the Zenithstar 80, which of course the Sentinel and Revelation are clones off.

Russ

Steve is right. I don't think the Fringe Killer would suit the Sentinel/Revelation, it's way too severe. Better suited to a Skywatcher Startravel/Evostar. Baader do a Semi-Apo filter specially for the 'well corrected' achromats. I think this is why you've been reading the WO VR1 is better because it was designed for the Zenithstar 80, which of course the Sentinel and Revelation are clones off.

Russ

Indeed matey!... hence the reason for looking into a number of reviews the last 2 nights :lol:

Archived