Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Simeis 147 (Sh2-240) Spaghetti Nebula from Bortle 8

carastro

This is really faint, particularly for Bortle 8, but being stuck in lockdown, I decided to give it a try with the Samyang lens as I have been wanting to image this target for years.

Ha 21 x 600

RGB 5 x 150 each

Samyang lens 135mm @ f2.8 

HEQ5

4 hours

spacer.png

Edited by carastro
  • Like 26

Wow that is one of my desired targets too Carole.  I have similar skies and last time I tried it about 12 months ago all I got was a load of stars. Obviously not enough integration time for me.

It looks great.

Edited by TerryMcK
  • Thanks 1

Thanks Terry, it did take a lot of teasing out of the fine detail, including Olly's "Exploiting the Equalize function" in Photoshop.

Can I ask how you find this object, as my hand controller only has IC and NGC objects  ( and M of of course).

Assuming you are using the Skywatcher handset -  use the User Object option.  In my handset this is found via the button "Named Star" then you scroll down (bottom arrows) until you get to User Object and then enter the co-ordinates.  It will also save them for next time.  

On this picture it is object (8) so perhaps i remembered it wrong.

spacer.png

Edited by carastro
  • Thanks 1

On 26/11/2020 at 18:56, carastro said:

Thanks Terry, it did take a lot of teasing out of the fine detail, including Olly's "Exploiting the Equalize function" in Photoshop.

Assuming you are using the Skywatcher handset -  use the User Object option.  In my handset this is found via the button "Named Star" then you scroll down (bottom arrows) until you get to User Object and then enter the co-ordinates.  It will also save them for next time.  

On this picture it is object (8) so perhaps i remembered it wrong.

spacer.png

Thank you so much! really appreciate it

• Like 1