Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

That's it. I'm shelving my scopes.

Paul M

Well, then. I thought It'd never come to this... I've shelved my telescopes!

Quite literally 🤣

image.thumb.png.9b35e95bdce91250d4fb36335c473097.pngimage.thumb.png.9614b1b63706fc9af6e90f315d734da9.png

The big gun has been living in its original box on the garage floor for all of its seven years. I kept threatening to sort it. Anyway, the garage is a tip and I've got shelves and shelves of tools and equipment from a previous life of working in trades all along the wall opposite. It's death trap.

I've had some nice lengths of good 2 x 1 and some off cuts of half inch ply left hanging round from some jobs long finished. Perfect for some sturdy shelves, unrefined shelves at that! I went for the industrial look because I don't have any patience for getting too involved and, anyway, I'd have to dig for a day to find things like routers and planes...

Due to the consumer unit being in the way, the lower shelf is shorter but perfect for the Celestron 127 Mak OTA.

I think I'm going to sell on the Celestron SLT mount and tripod that came with the Mak, I just don't use it; not an Alt-Az kinda guy :)

• Like 15

4 minutes ago, Paz said:

Well done on making some progress on your garage. I've been meaning to sort out the tip in my garage, that was 10 years ago and it's still a tip.

Totally with you there, I keep getting mine tidy but I am such a messy worker and usually leave no time to tidy up it soon reverts back to a mess very quickly.

Steve

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Paz said:

that was 10 years ago and it's still a tip.

Mine was ok until 10 years ago, when I bailed out of self employment/one man band. Until then I needed to get to stuff regularly and in a hurry. Since then it's been a dumping ground. Much of it has no real value.

It really is time to get rid of gear the I will never use again in anger. I won't be doing anymore rewires. It nearly killed me crawling into the eaves to pull a security camera cable through into the loft yesterday. One day soon I'll be falling through the ceiling. Not done that since I was 17 :)

• Haha 1