Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Hi from Huddersfield

Bartman

Hi everybody. I’m new to the forum. I’ve been interested in Astronomy for many years but not really done much with it apart from some very casual viewing with a small scope years ago and more recently with some decent binoculars and a tripod. I’m wanting to get into this hobby a little more seriously now and I will be investing in a scope at some point. I like the look of the Meade Lx90, probably the 10 inch version and hopefully I will try and maybe pick up a second hand one if I can find one at a decent price somewhere but I am also open to advice from the wise and experienced folk here! I’m in the Holmfirth/Huddersfield area and would be interested in tagging along with anyone local to me for some night sky viewing of this is ok? I look forward to speaking with you all and thanks in advance. Lee

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Eddie Jones said:

Hi Lee,

Welcome, I'm near also near Holmfirth, we have the Huddersfield Astronomical Society nearby (now based in Lockwood,)  some great people there to learn from and get advise.

https://huddersfieldastronomy.org/ 

We Just need the local lockdown to pass :(

All the Best

Eddie

Hi Eddie. Yes I’m aware of this and it’s something I would like to pursue whenever you guys are up and running again. I visited the observatory at Crosland hill once many years ago but I understand that it’s not in use anymore?

35 minutes ago, Bartman said:

Hi Eddie. Yes I’m aware of this and it’s something I would like to pursue whenever you guys are up and running again. I visited the observatory at Crosland hill once many years ago but I understand that it’s not in use anymore?

Yes, observatory is sadly no more :( but the group is till strong, I think there were ideas about a new observatory location before covid, but out of the loop at the moment