NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Greetings from Lock Down

Pork_Nocker

First time poster here. And a great site it is that you guys have here, so I decided to join and learn from the advice from others about how to tackle astrophotography.
I was born in the Amazon jungle, and as a kid enjoyed looking up to the sky amazed at what I could see. But when I moved to the city I got involved in other activities. One of them was photography. But when the kids arrived, that took a backseat. I got back into photography in 2015 and quickly ended up spending a small fortune on cameras and lenses. Then one day I saw a picture of the Orion Nebula in a thread one one of the forums, and my interest got triggered into how that picture was taken and processed. I quickly found out that I didn't need a telescope to take pictures of the moon and many other stellar objects out there. But what I did need is a good tripod and head. So I did invest in an expensive head and tripod. Great for moon shots, but of no use for the accuracy required to take long exposures for anything else in the sky. And that became an issue. Lockdown has made me evaluate my photography. All that expensive gear doing nothing. So I decided to have a proper look at a far better tripod with motorized drive etc. And that is what brought me to this forum.

I am also into hifi on a professional level, especially the digital side of things such as DACs etc. So if anyone ever needs advise on things audio related, feel free to pick my brains.

Stanga

• 3 weeks later...