Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Quick question: Celestron Power Tank Lithium Pro (Celestron item # 18768 )

Hi, 

I have just purchased a couple of these https://www.celestron.com/products/powertank-lithium-pro

The manual says that when the battery is powering something that the 4 red battery will blink in sequence to show that power is flowing. My units are fully charged up, yet when I use them the red lights don't blink in sequence. I just have 2 red static lights lit under the 4 red battery lights.

I have 2 of the smaller power tanks, the next model down, and the blue battery lights on those do blink in sequence when they are powering an object. 

I have tested my new units and they do seem to be providing power. But, if you have one of these, could you confirm please that your red lights don't flash when powering something?

Thanks. It's just that the manual is very specfic about this. (I have double checked and the manual is specific to my new units) Still, it's a Celestron manual so maybe my expectations are too high ;)

Thank you :) 

Siouxsie 

18 hours ago, StarGazingSiouxsie said:

Hi, 

I have just purchased a couple of these https://www.celestron.com/products/powertank-lithium-pro

The manual says that when the battery is powering something that the 4 red battery will blink in sequence to show that power is flowing. My units are fully charged up, yet when I use them the red lights don't blink in sequence. I just have 2 red static lights lit under the 4 red battery lights.

I have 2 of the smaller power tanks, the next model down, and the blue battery lights on those do blink in sequence when they are powering an object. 

I have tested my new units and they do seem to be providing power. But, if you have one of these, could you confirm please that your red lights don't flash when powering something?

Thanks. It's just that the manual is very specfic about this. (I have double checked and the manual is specific to my new units) Still, it's a Celestron manual so maybe my expectations are too high ;)

Thank you :) 

Siouxsie 

My powertank Pro is about 12 months old, and the lights do not blink at all while it is delivering power

• Like 1

On a general note - maybe geared for anyone reading this down the line - I can really highly recommend Celestron's Lthium Power Tanks. 

I have the 3amp model #18771 and the 5amp model #18768.

Both exhibit extremely high build quality and also have the feature of adjustable red / white lights, as well as the ability to charge items via a USB.  The 5amp version also comes with a female cigarette lighter type power port which is very handy for using the power cord that came with Cubble. 

They tanks are a little pricey but I think these are of sufficient  quality to last many years and charge cycles. Its a big YES from me!!! 

Hi Siouxsie, glad you are happy with your Celestron's Lthium Power Tanks.

I use TalentCent Rechargeable 12000mAh Lithium battery pack seen here:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B0713T4XT9/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I placed it in a Garmin gps bag and hung around the mount, so no more cord wrap. 🥳

Very pleased with it, and has lasted three sessions without a recharge.

Edited by Mick H
  • Like 1