SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Comet C/2020 F3 Neowise again.

Another great morning capturing this beauty of a comet. I really hope she holds together as she passes around the sun. I think even more people will get a chance to view it once it's in the early evening sky.
But I'm not complaining about getting up at 1am, leaving the house at 1:30am, arriving at my observing location at 2:15am and heading home at 5:15am. It was worth every minute. And my dogs were happy to get a run in the park at 5:30am before the triple-digit temps hit us yet again here in the Vegas Valley.
I'm still working on a wide-angle timelapse of the comet rising in the east that I'll share later in a separate post but here's three closeup's from today. If you remember my post from yesterday, I was using my ED127mm which is 655mm focal length with the reducer/flattener. Well, today I took my StellarVue SV70T which is 380mm with the reducer/flattener because I wanted to try and capture all of the tail. It's TOO BIG even for the 380mm to really capture the whole thing!

Comet C/2020 F3 Neowise
StellarVue SV70T with .8x reducer flattener (380mm FL)
ZWO ASI1600mm cooled camera (-15°)

This is a series of multiple exposures at 30 seconds, 15 seconds, and 10 seconds through LRGB filters totaling 25 minutes, 40 seconds. You can make out the pale blue ion tail trailing off the left side in this image.
Comet_C2020_F3_Neowise_07-09-2020-X3.jpg

15-second exposures through LRGB totaling 300 seconds
Comet_C2020_F3_Neowise_15sSubs-X3.jpg

10-second exposures through LRGB totaling 200 seconds. In this frame, you can really see dawn fast approaching.
CometNeowise_10sSubs-X3.jpg

• Like 29

Really amazing images!

Very jealous of the dark skies you have there. 

Most of the UK have been under a never-ending conveyor belt of clouds for most of the week, but fingers crossed we'll get a chance tomorrow night 

• Sad 1