Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Esprit 120 ed help

Hi everyone, bit of a long shot here, i have the above telescope and intend to use it with my modded canon dslr for astrophotography, it came with the dedicated flattener however the dslr m62(flattener side) to m48 (canon t adapter side) dslr ext tube is missing. Is there anywhere i can get one? Does anyone have that part who could measure it up should i require to have one custom made, any help/advice gratefully received, sorry for all the rain and clouds!!

On 19/06/2020 at 17:10, Laurin Dave said:

Hi, in the manual ( https://inter-static.skywatcher.com/upfiles/en_download_caty01416868621.pdf ) it states that the field flattener back focus is 75mm so it should be 75mm - 44mm (Canon backfocus) - the thickness of your M48 to EOS adapter

Dave

Also make sure you take into account any filter you might attach to the DSLR (e.g. light pollution filter/multipass narrowband filter) as the thickness of the filter will alter back focus slightly.

• 4 weeks later...

Quick update. Just received quote back from local company,,  £400!!!!!!!!, says it because setting up machine for a single piece,  to say nearly fell off my chair is an understatement. Going to try precise parts in usa

37 minutes ago, dark knight said:

Quick update. Just received quote back from local company,,  £400!!!!!!!!, says it because setting up machine for a single piece,  to say nearly fell off my chair is an understatement. Going to try precise parts in usa

put a thick cushion next to your chair....
is the above mentioned option at FLO not the right one?

48 minutes ago, dark knight said:

As has been said before by @PeterCPC here is the item you need....

https://www.firstlightoptics.com/adapters/astro-essentials-m48-camera-adapter.html

Teleskop Expres in Germany can make you one, but it will take a couple of weeks, but not expensive...
M62 is Takahashi thread, they should have a m62 to m48 adapterring, but I cannot find it at the moment...

• Like 1

Hi Dark? 

I have the part you need, think it's original part/parts consisting of a 20mm tube with M62 female thread & a 5mm tube M62 male to M48 male with an internal M48 filter thread for... pictures show its marked as the previous owner was a little over zealous releasing a binding thread. 

PM me with an offer if you're interested? IMG_20200719_142622.thumb.jpg.ec7fbe0a2583db438599268bcf9a3b0c.jpgIMG_20200719_142707.thumb.jpg.c3ed7b248dfb646fe831750fabe79afd.jpg

Peter