Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Relocation of Pulsar Dome.

11 hours ago, Jkulin said:

I have bought some of these on the advice of others on here, for £12 they appear good value, not fitted them yet, but will when I get a chance.: -

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B0752YR2W2/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o09_s02?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I like the red handles! Fewer "senior moments" forgetting to lock everything down on leaving.  :rolleyes:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rusted said:

I like the red handles! Fewer "senior moments" forgetting to lock everything down on leaving. 

Lol, not just that but having bashed and cut my head getting in and out of the dome, the less sharp things the better 🤪🙄😄

• Sad 2

14 hours ago, Jkulin said:

I have bought some of these on the advice of others on here, for £12 they appear good value, not fitted them yet, but will when I get a chance.: -

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B0752YR2W2/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o09_s02?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I originally bought some of those but didn't fit my dome because the dome doesn't have an inner lip. 

Edited by Nigella Bryant

1 hour ago, Nigella Bryant said:

I originally bought some of those but didn't fit my dome because the dome doesn't have an inner lip. 

Yep, I'm going to make some brackets to bolt to, haven't quite figured it out yet.

Edited by Jkulin
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Jkulin said:

First problem is finding them, I put them safe...oh well they will be somewhere!🙄😀

You just know that, as is the case with anything squirreled away somewhere safe, you will never find them again until the day after you have purchased their replacements.

• Haha 3

On 11/07/2020 at 10:12, Jkulin said:

Lol, not just that but having bashed and cut my head getting in and out of the dome, the less sharp things the better 🤪🙄😄

I'm always hitting my head on the door frame but hasn't knocked any sense into me yet, lol 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Nigella Bryant said:

I'm always hitting my head on the door frame but hasn't knocked any sense into me yet, lol 

I have glued some pipe lagging over the entrance and no more banging!!!

• Like 1

Inside almost complete today, pilar complete and inside painted. Flooring mats to go down on Saturday when it's going to be wet, sanding down outside tomorrow ready to paint as it's going to be dry and next week telescope and mount going in. Did a panorama pic (looks a bit wobbly, lol). Also security camera installed that gives me alerts on my phone.

IMG_20200723_165552.jpg

IMG_20200723_165912.jpg

20200723193140690__01.jpg

Edited by Nigella Bryant
Comment corrected
  • Like 5

Can't believe it's been nearly two months on this relocation. Sanded the outside of the dome today ready for painting next Tuesday (the next dry). My partner said I looked white, not sure how to take that.

🤣 🤣 It will be well worth the wait Nigella come astro darkness 👍

Steve

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, sloz1664 said:

Can't believe it's been nearly two months on this relocation. Sanded the outside of the dome today ready for painting next Tuesday (the next dry). My partner said I looked white, not sure how to take that.

🤣 🤣 It will be well worth the wait Nigella come astro darkness 👍

Steve

It will Steve, ready for Mars too, lol.

Hi Nigella, That looks too good to live in :) 

Just a suggestion. Is that, what looks like a wooden shelf, permanent. I would be worried my telescope may clash with it, especially looking up at the zenith.

Steve

Edited by sloz1664

3 minutes ago, sloz1664 said:

Hi Nigella, That looks too good to live in :) 

Just a suggestion. Is that, what looks like a wooden shelf permanent. I would be worried my telescope may clash with it, especially looking up at the zenith.

Steve

Thanks, yeah, the shelf is permanent but hope it'll not clash with the scope. If it does, I'll have to adjust. 

It's all looking great, I am impressed with your skills.

But concerned about the floor level as you step into the Obsy, in an earlier post it looked to be a lower level than the rest, are you sure you are not going to twist your ankle over the lip in the dark?  But maybe it is no longer lower as can't see in subsequent pictures.

Also stepping out of the observatory, will those beams be converted into a step or I can see another accident looming. 

Carole 

Edited by carastro
  • Thanks 1