NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

What astro jobs will you be doing over the summer?

dannybgoode

I've got a few bits planned:

1/ I am setting up a base project in PixInsight with various processes set up for each step so I can just follow through a consistent workflow.  I have even set up specific instances for integration with different numbers of subs - screenshot below.  This will go hand in hand with spending some time fiddling and learning the software with meagre bits of data I acquired this year so far and trying to get more from it.

2/ Spend some time expanding my darks library.  I want at least 20 subs for each filter at various the exposure times I am likely to use in the future.

3/ I have a raspberry pi 4 coming today so will spend some time fiddling with Indi / Astroberry and will see how reliable it is.  would prefer to leave a Pi out with my scope than my laptop it also helps with my ultimate aim of getting a portable set-up going.  At the moment I am somewhat reliant on mains power - a relatively straightforward fix I know but just need to get everything together.  Of course if I don't like Indi and associated packages.

4/ Whilst a permanent pier is out of the question I at least want to put some form of indentations/ marks on the patio so I can quickly put my tripod up and know that it is aligned North.  Needs to be wife friendly though so have to think about the best way to do that.

5/ If life returns to some semblance of normality I want to get my scope over to Germany to have the lens cell properly cleaned of the light fungus - ain't risking that as things stand though.

6/ If only I could find the Polemaster I bought a couple of years ago, put somewhere and haven't seen since - a house move in-between hasn't helped.  I know you can use Sharpcap et al but I have a Polemaster somewhere so would quite like to use it!

7/ Wouldn't mine practicing so close in lunar imaging so will try my hand at that too.

2020-05-07.png

Edited by dannybgoode

The main astro job for the summer will be getting as much done on the obsy as possible, getting cladding delivered being the main hitch.

Commissioning the DDM85 / ODK12 / G3 16200 is something I hope to be able to do while waiting for building materials. As I have a big TG cover I should be able to run it even with the obsy half built.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gina said:

I have some upgrades to do on the obsy and also more on the Ha solar scope and imaging setup.

Would love a solar scope but sadly funds do not permit at the moment.  Be great to use over the summer :) 

• Like 1