NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Long lost and now found astro objects

Stu

So, how about a thread about Astro items long lost and then finally found, potentially even after buying a replacement?

I knew that I had bought a 9x50 RACI some time ago, but had not been able to find it for ages and had subsequently bought a TS 60mm finder as a replacement.

Yesterday was spent emptying the garage and sorting it out completely, and one bag of random bits was left until this morning to look through. Inside was a notebook, a carrier bag full of teabags from a past camping trip, and you guessed it, the long lost 9x50 RACI which will now be pressed into service on either the Tak or Vixen most likely.

So, is it only me or do you chaps do this stuff too?

12E55F16-0C0D-45FB-A98A-561D8CE9A687.jpeg

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, DaveS said:

I think some things are quantum, you can only find them when NOT looking.

That is totally true! I certainly wasn’t looking for the finder.

I do drive Mrs Stu mad when I have lost something; she knows when I have ‘that look’, and begin a frantic search of all my various storage draws and boxes! 🤣

• Haha 2

MIA at the moment an IDAS LP filter ( got the empty case ) an Adam Block P'Shop processing CD ( got the empty case ) small solar power pack bought for the Quark, bright red but nowhere to be seen and those are only the ones I can remember.

What has rematerialized is  2" WO diagonal, missing for so long I'd started to think I'd imagined ever having one then it was sitting on the shelf in the obs'y one day :icon_scratch:

Dave

Oh and the Council Tax bill that had to be paid by April 1st that I put behind the clock on the mantelpiece but has obviously fallen through a time warp 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Stu said:

a carrier bag full of teabags from a past camping trip

Can I have them please, Co-Op hasn't had any for weeks.........?    🙂

(Sorry, dont think i'm breaking the virus guidelines )

Michael

Edited by michael8554
  • Haha 1